Rise of the Spider? Fabius for Anyone?

Prot

Pretty sure CSM got shock assault and bolter discipline via FAQ before it was ratified via a codex. By that precedent, I don't see why we would have to wait to get astartes chainswords, when they can just be added via FAQ like last time.

You could be correct, if GW wants heretic chainswords to have the same stats. I’d appreciate the buff, and it seems probable even, but I make no assumptions. If we do get a chainsword update, it will likely be as you say. Gods only know how long each army will wait for their 9th Ed codices.

Does anyone else see what I see?

Fabius Bile can make basic Chaos Space Marines into budget berzerkers.

Str 5 and Spd 7, the Astartes chainsword is confirmed by someone that has the book as ap-1.....

Cheapo marines with that statline....not to shabby....

Marines coming out of rhinos with sword/pistol, *maybe* footslogging. Juice might be worth the squeeze?

Easy access to +1 attack or +1 Tough (the go to!) through Fabius and Strats feels like we are getting something pretty solid.

A page or two back I mentioned this, but with squads of Chosen with maximum combi-bolters and chainswords. Almost as good as Bezerkers in Melee and a ton of dakka to make them versatile, but not expensive. Doing it with regular CSM would give you obsec and fill a Battalion at the cost of not Being versatile and just having pistols.

What interests me is the potential for T7 (in shooting phase, T6 otherwise) Oblits or Havocs. +1T from Bile's enhancement and +1 from the Dermal Chitination strat. T5 on Havocs is meh, 7 might be great and would definitely be amazing on Oblits. Edited by Doom Herald

What interests me is the potential for T7 (in shooting phase, T6 otherwise) Oblits or Havocs. +1T from Bile's enhancement and +1 from the Dermal Chitination strat. T5 on Havocs is meh, 7 might be great and would definitely be amazing on Oblits.

Or be even crazier, make the oblits Mark of Tzeentch (Has it ever even been done) and buff them up with Weaver of Fates and Cursed Earth. Then see how much panic T7 2+/3++ Obliterators will cause your opponent :D