Donatos Aphael

Hey all,

Would like to make a miniature for Donatos Aphael but don't have the Codex or Blood of Baal, so I'm not aware of any new lore on this matter and the wikis seem spare on this information. Is Donatos Aphael still alive, is he Primaris or an oldmarine still? Thanks all! 

As Majkhel said, he survived DoB, but otherwise there is no real fluff on his current status. He could be embiggened by now, or maybe still touring the galaxy in his pre-DoB warplate.

Nevertheless, I’m replacing my Firstborn Aphael with a more appropriately sized Primaris one, albeit he‘ll have Firstborn rules because Jump Packs rule.

As Majkhel said, he survived DoB, but otherwise there is no real fluff on his current status. He could be embiggened by now, or maybe still touring the galaxy in his pre-DoB warplate.

Nevertheless, I’m replacing my Firstborn Aphael with a more appropriately sized Primaris one, albeit he‘ll have Firstborn rules because Jump Packs rule.

I thought he went through the Rubicon and wears Gravis armor now?

The Gravis captain in our books has the fancy gravis captain as 2nd company. Doesn't seem to fit Alfie, but that is a clue.

Could also just be artist's freedom, but he's definitely the 2nd company captain in the picture.

I thought he went through the Rubicon and wears Gravis armor now?

The Gravis captain in our books has the fancy gravis captain as 2nd company. Doesn't seem to fit Alfie, but that is a clue.

Could also just be artist's freedom, but he's definitely the 2nd company captain in the picture.

Which artwork do you mean exactly?

GW has stated that all Primarines are trained to use all types of armour available to them so I guess that applies to the officers as well...all I want though is good looking jump packs for the new marines and not the chunky boi things Inceptors wear. :D

I love Gravis armor personally.

Bi-fold scene after introduction.

"No matter how fell and monstrous the foe, the blood angels face it with courage, nobility and honour. So do they shine like the brightest stars amidst the darkness and horror of battle. So do they burn away the foulness of the alien, the filth of the mutant and the taint of the heretic with the righteous fires of their wrath."

At least in the limited edition book that's where it's at. And it -is- the second company inceptors and reivers 100%

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

That's the artwork:

3hzsahmyvu101.jpg[

Although the captain on the picture has no defining heraldry visible, we can make an 'educated guess' as DBH says that this is the 2nd Coy Captain due to Inceptors, Reivers and Lieutenant being from the 2nd Coy. If he is Aphael? Nobody knows. Codex mentions 'newly appointed Captain Aphorael' leading the successful assault on Lastransa. That name is not on the list of Captains presented in the Chapter Organisation in the wake of the battle of Baal on p15. So we know at least one of the listed Captains died.

p68 shows Aphael still in his firstbormn skin. 

All clues though, so it's all your choice BH :wink:

Edited by Majkhel

I love Gravis armor personally.

Bi-fold scene after introduction.

"No matter how fell and monstrous the foe, the blood angels face it with courage, nobility and honour. So do they shine like the brightest stars amidst the darkness and horror of battle. So do they burn away the foulness of the alien, the filth of the mutant and the taint of the heretic with the righteous fires of their wrath."

At least in the limited edition book that's where it's at. And it -is- the second company inceptors and reivers 100%

I like Blindhamster‘s conversion of that artwork! Otherwise, I find the models with Gravis armour not too hot themselves. They’re are, as Primaris marines go, very bland and need lots of effort to look like Blood Angels, and while proportions are better than some terminator kits, I’m going to stick with our own assault terminators for now.

I can see where you’re coming from regarding the company. While only we see are yellow blood drops, it’s also possible that those marines come from the reserve company and the double blood drop is not visible.

But yeah, could be either artistic freedom and/or a rendition of Aphael. Whatever floats your boat. :)