No New Sisters Rules in Psychic Awakening: Pariah

Banjulhu

On top of it, it looks like you must take the Harlequin to take Stern. Based on this info, Stern really should have just been in the Codex. Unless GW decides to withhold Szeras from the 9e Necrons codex, and I wouldn't put it past them, is there any reason to buy this book?

I said this back when our codex released, I was afraid that since we just got an update we would not receive something in this book. I was "hopeful" when they confirmed on their fb page, back in January I believe, that we would be seeing an update in PA, and Pariah was looking promising when Stern was announced. Of course I had my reservations, but so much has been going right for us I dared to dream. But as usual GW let us down after finally building us up. Well it is forty bucks I do not have to spend at least, my hope is that we are one of the first releases in 9th, though yes I know it would irk many, including myself, to have just bought a codex only for it to get updated immediately, but if it gives us more options, changes a few things for the better, and especially gives us customs order traits, I would not mind personally. Marine players will probably get a new codex only a year after having their 2.0 book released so if we get ours in the fall it would be almost a year since the box set dropped so we would be in the same boat there effectively.. All we can do now is see what 9th brings and hope that we continue to be a force to be reckoned with on the tabletop with all that we HAVE received.

This book is for Inquisition players- that's where the value is. I think there have already been indicators that this is not just a reprint of the WD dex- I expect a few more strategems and relics than we got the first time around, and I expect an update to the way Inquisitor units are integrated into Imperial armies. They hinted that it's easier to include Inquisitors; I don't really want to even speculate about what that might mean, but it will likely be clarified during a Warhammer Daily this week.

I want the concept of Chambers Militant to return to the lore, and to be reflected in the rules. It won't prevent us from continuing to be the fighting arm of the Ministorum- that will still be our primary role. But we are well suited to the hunting of Witches, and when the Hereticus needs us, that means the Imperium needs us.

I am very disappointed that Ephrael can only be used used with Kyganil, and that we're not getting build your own Order rules, which was all I wanted.

But I LOVE the Inquisition, so this was always an auto purchase for me whether it was good for sisters or not.

• 2 weeks later...

For those that didn't buy the book/haven't seen my post in news on Pariah:

The WHC article is wrong. You still have to take Jokaero, Acolytes, and Daemonhosts in Inquisitorial Vanguard detachments. Each detachment is still limited to one Inquisitor, but if you take lone Inquisitors, they work exactly like Assassins now:

1 Inquisitor OR Assassin per non-Fallen Imperium Patrol, Battalion, or Brigade as a slotless choice. Either/or because both now have the Agents of the Imperium keyword and you're limited to one Agents of the Imperium unit in each Patrol, Battalion or Brigade. Agents of the Imperium included this way don't break army and detachment rules looking for every unit in a detachment and/or army to have certain keywords.

Well at least I can take multiple inquisitors now without the need for henchie if we're allowed 1 inquisitor per detachment.

Didn't like having to take a whole other dnon-sisters detachment just to get more than one inquisitor.

Well at least I can take multiple inquisitors now without the need for henchie if we're allowed 1 inquisitor per detachment.

Didn't like having to take a whole other dnon-sisters detachment just to get more than one inquisitor.

Due to imprecise writing, the previous rule was never really clear on whether or not more than one detachment was allowed to have an Inquisitor; it was only ever clear that only one Inquisitor could be attached to a detachment- a statement which does not exclude the possibility of attaching another single Inquisitor to another detachment.

This removes the confusion, and is a good indicator that the more generous interpretation of the previous rule was in fact what GW had in mind.

I think I'm going to attach a Cullexus to a Null Maiden Vanguard, which means the whole detachment can be dropped into any Imperial Army without mucking things up. Then I can attach Karamazov to the Bloody Rose Penitent Legion so that he can run with the Mortifiers, Penitent Engines, Repentia and Arcos. Then, last but not least, I can attach Greyfax to a holy choir of the Order of the Martyred Lady.

I'm not sure it's worth 6 command points to field so many detachments, but I'd try it once.

Edited by ThePenitentOne

You can't. The assassin has to either be brought in a Strike Force or Auxiliary detachment, both of which break Sacred Rites, or as part of a second Battalion, Brigade, or Partol detachment

If your army is Battle-forged, you can include 1 AGENT OF THE IMPERIUM unit in each IMPERIUM (excluding FALLEN) Patrol, Battalion and Brigade Detachment in your army without those units taking up slots in those Detachments. The inclusion of an AGENT OF THE IMPERIUM unit does not prevent other units from their Detachment from benefiting from Detachment abilities (e.g. Chapter Tactics, Defenders of Humanity etc.), and it does not prevent other units from your army benefiting from abilities that require every model in your army to have that ability (e.g. Combat Doctrines). An AGENT OF THE IMPERIUM unit included in a Patrol, Battalion or Brigade Detachment in this manner is ignored for any rules that state all units from that Detachment must have at least one Faction keyword in common (e.g. in a matched play game) and when determining your Army Faction.

Edited by taikishi

I admit that, although I have been buying GW minis since 1992, I have only read 5 or 6 novels in all that time so if its never been in a rulebook I am probably not familiar with it. So can someone tell me more about something I just read in PA: Pariah:

Invasion Cathedrums which, apparently, are massive heavily armed landers which assault drop Battle Sisters from orbit?!

Edited by Montford

After getting over my initial shock, I'm not totally surprised.  A lot of what Factions got already existed in the Sister's codex.  My question is why don't Sister's rate a name generator?