Indomitus Box and Shoulder Pads

Berzul

Hey guys.

To those that know, does it look like the Indomitus Box will be compatible with "DArk Angels Upgrade" sprues? In order to get the heraldry on them.

Or do they seem to come with the pauldrons pre-placed on the arms, and thus, impossible to replace?

Hey guys.

To those that know, does it look like the Indomitus Box will be compatible with "DArk Angels Upgrade" sprues? In order to get the heraldry on them.

Or do they seem to come with the pauldrons pre-placed on the arms, and thus, impossible to replace?

I don't see why it wouldn't be. 

Yeah its just that, the heraldry of my marines is not the same as the transfers, so those are wasted on me. Thus, I'd need to do them freehand, and I simply lack the ability.

I already have a ton of marines in my army that do not have heraldry on their shoulds, due to this.

I guess I could get some custom made transfers, but sounds like an expensive hassle....

IN any case, thanks for clarifying it, guys.

One thing I was seriously disappointed at was the lack of a transfer sheet with our upgrade set. It happened for a couple of the supplement chapters iirc then just stopped. I find the FW ones rather too transparent whereas the decals you got in the chapter specific primaris boxes (intercessors et al.) were outstanding.

Yeah its just that, the heraldry of my marines is not the same as the transfers, so those are wasted on me. Thus, I'd need to do them freehand, and I simply lack the ability.

I already have a ton of marines in my army that do not have heraldry on their shoulds, due to this.

I guess I could get some custom made transfers, but sounds like an expensive hassle....

IN any case, thanks for clarifying it, guys.

Check Pop Goes the Monkey at Shapeways for 3D emblems designed to sit flush on 40k pads. 13$ for 60.

Edit: I should have scrolled down a little more.

Edited by Schurge

• 2 weeks later...

I can verify that the shoulders are molded on. Pete the Wargamer did a conversion of dw and rw where he clipped off the shoulder pads so he could use DA upgrade ones instead. It's not a problem if you're willing to get clippin.

I can also verify, as I was helping my FLGS build the demo box.

All of the pads are molded on.

Except, hilariously enough, the Chaplain. His is a separate piece, but most of his shoulder is attached to it :lol: