CA 2020 points increase thoughts.

FarFromSam

The CP refund doesn't apply to Outrider, Vanguard or Spearhead I believe.

Tabletop tactics (subscriber vids) have a Ravenwing battle vs Tau up at the moment. Nothing competitive but woah do our boys in black bring the hurt to the table.

G8Keeper, you appear to be right! In plotting my glorious 9th Edition Ravenwing outrider list this morning I read that outrider, spearhead and vanguard detachments don't refund CP if they include your warlord...

Boo! I am trying to track down a copy of the new 9th ed detachments though to verify....

Still... Sammy, TL, 2 bike squads, 3 attack bikes, Primaris outriders, typhoon landspeeder squad, dark shroud, a vengeance and black Knights... With Apothecary, Ancient and 2 DA flyers...

Maybe some scouts or infiltrators for objectives...

Worth the CP?

Could do with am interrogator Chaplain on a bike though...

What do you think of snipers in that situation, concealed deploy, camo cloaks, heavy type weapons with -1Ap turn 1 +6" range and they won't want to move so rerolling 1s, occasional mortals?

They don't need anything from the RW but can do the on sec work...

Inflitrators & incursors can do a board control job as well...

If you've got objectives you just have to hold then yup, go for it. If you need to do an action (and thus can't shoot) to claim them then the sniper rifles are a waste of points imho. Edited by G8Keeper