MSU Sororitas & Simulacra Imperialis

Is it worth taking Simulacra Imperialis in MSU Battle Sister (or Dominion, Celestian, &c) squads? I'm running them as spam to increase the number of Sacrifice dice, so they're pretty barebones (2 special weapons, either a pistol or a combi-bolter on the SS) - paying points out on an SI for every one of them seems like it might be counter-productive?

I'd wager it would be. 5 bodies are killed off fairly quickly and you have to ask yourself wether using 2 MD in the time 'til they're dead are in fact worth the bother.

I run 10 woman squads and you bet each one is getting the SI so I expect to get at least some mileage out of them before they're dead.

Then again, a Simulacrum is cheaper than another Sister and substituting a miss for a hit or wund makes for better odds than another Bolter with a 66% chance to hit and usually 50% chance to wound.

And again, it's cheap and you don't have to drop anyhting to take it.

So do you gain anything more productive by NOT taking the SI?

I say if you have the points, go for it. It will look nice as well.

Edited by HighMarshalAmp

I'd wager it would be. 5 bodies are killed off fairly quickly and you have to ask yourself wether using 2 MD in the time 'til they're dead are in fact worth the bother.

I run 10 woman squads and you bet each one is getting the SI so I expect to get at least some mileage out of them before they're dead.

Then again, a Simulacrum is cheaper than another Sister and substituting a miss for a hit or wund makes for better odds than another Bolter with a 66% chance to hit and usually 50% chance to wound.

Looking back through the codex, I don't think it grants any extra Miracle dice, just an additional chance to perform an Act of Faith in a given phase: "Simulacrum Imperialis: If a model in this unit has a Simulacrum Imperialis then once per phase you can perform one Act of Faith for this unit, even if you have already performed one or more Acts of Faith in that phase."

No mention of bonus dice to perform said Acts with =[

Looking back through the codex, I don't think it grants any extra Miracle dice, just an additional chance to perform an Act of Faith in a given phase: "Simulacrum Imperialis: If a model in this unit has a Simulacrum Imperialis then once per phase you can perform one Act of Faith for this unit, even if you have already performed one or more Acts of Faith in that phase."

For the bonus MD, you need the Incensor Cherub. You burn the Cherub, and get an MD for its unit that must be used immediately. It combos well with the simulacrum, because not only do you have the MD, you're going to be able to use it even if another unit has already used your act for the phase. The only thing is, you have to roll it when you burn the cherub, so there's no guarantee you're going to get a good MD. 

Umm... yeah, that's exactly what it does.

Sorry, you meant to increase the actual number of dice? After reading Simulacrum, I didn't realize that :blush.:

Yeah, Incensor winged Terminator baby is the way to go for that

Also playing OoOML. :biggrin.:

Also also, you might still wanna think about adding SIs, my points are still valid.

I mean, stockpiling all those dice, you need a chance to actually use more than one Miracle Die per phase, don't you? :whistling:

I confess I've barely played since 3e, so synergy isn't ever at the forefront of my mind, but that Baby+Banner combo makes sense. Of course it also means 10pts, which is a lot for every 5 models...

I confess I've barely played since 3e, so synergy isn't ever at the forefront of my mind, but that Baby+Banner combo makes sense. Of course it also means 10pts, which is a lot for every 5 models...

Ultimately, you want to use those AoF on high impact situations where using two AoF in the same phase is going to secure you results.

Realistically, this is most likely your shooting phase or your opponents shooting phase.

Something like a Meltagun is perfect application. You can secure the wound by using a first miracle dice, then get a guarantee'd 6 on the damage roll. Combining this with a cherub is extra powerful as you basically have a dice ready to go when you need it.

Or, if on the defensive you could tank a couple of big damage shots using some rolls for high saves.

Edited by Charlo

Ultimately, you want to use those AoF on high impact situations where using two AoF in the same phase is going to secure you results.

Realistically, this is most likely your shooting phase or your opponents shooting phase.

Something like a Meltagun is perfect application. You can secure the wound by using a first miracle dice, then get a guarantee'd 6 on the damage roll. Combining this with a cherub is extra powerful as you basically have a dice ready to go when you need it.

Or, if on the defensive you could tank a couple of big damage shots using some rolls for high saves.

True, it grants a lot of flexibility.