DA Rolled Into Marines Codex

G8Keeper

If I were to run a Successor Chapter using the pick 2 system, would that lock me out of First Founding units and warlord traits?

To be more precise

The 2 trait system does NOT work for the codex. So you would not be playing DARK ANGEL successors. You would be playing as a Generic Space Marine Successor.

If you played as a Dark Angels Successor, youd only lose named characters, relics (unless you spend extra cp), and thats it.

If I were to run a Successor Chapter using the pick 2 system, would that lock me out of First Founding units and warlord traits?

To be more precise

The 2 trait system does NOT work for the codex. So you would not be playing DARK ANGEL successors. You would be playing as a Generic Space Marine Successor.

If you played as a Dark Angels Successor, youd only lose named characters, relics (unless you spend extra cp), and thats it.

Yes, until the new Space Marine codex comes out, Dark Angel successors are supposed to use the rules in Codex: Dark Angels and not any of the rules in Codex: Space Marines; it's one or the other. It's not too far to guess that once the new Space Marine codex comes out that DARK ANGELS will be like any other First Founding <CHAPTER>.

To be more precise

Yes, until the new Space Marine codex comes out, Dark Angel successors are supposed to use the rules in Codex: Dark Angels and not any of the rules in Codex: Space Marines; it's one or the other. It's not too far to guess that once the new Space Marine codex comes out that DARK ANGELS will be like any other First Founding <CHAPTER>.

As a successor player, I'd actually like that!

... Now, suddenly I find myself thinking, though... What if the Successors change, to just having the basic units from the codex?

Meaning, what if Dark Angels Successors change, to now EXCLUDE dark angels exclusive models?

I should have specified, using the new codex. I am unfamiliar with the trait system and chapter units.

Sorry then, I do not know.

Are the rules for the new codex out yetz in any case? I figured everyone was sti playing with Codex Dark Angels + Chapter Approved + Ritual of the Damned

We’re in a holding pattern right now until the codex comes out. None of our Indomitus models even have the relevant Wing rules (except the Master can be given the Inner Circle keyword via CP)

In terms of successors, I suspect it’ll work like it does in Codex SM currently, with those wanting to use the DA/BA/SW picking Inheritors trait similar to how those wanting First Founding specific relics do

Edited by UtariOnzo