dreadnaughts this edition

aura_enchanted

are dreadnaughts worth using this edition, and which ones do you feel are worth it. to me the deredeo is just right out, im not sure hes viable anymore. the contempor seems good, im not sure about the leviathan. the redemptor and venerable box look good too. but maybe im wrong

Why do you feel the deredeo is no longer any good?  I don't know enough about the new edition to judge so curious to hear your thoughts. 

It went up in points by a decent amount.

For example. my Deredeo (Aiolos, Plasma, Heavy Bolters) was 200 and change at the end of 8th. It is now 260.

I have a special place in my heart for the bog standard Space Marine Dreadnought. I have no idea if it went up or down or did a fancy twirl points wise, I'll still be fielding my old trusty with fist and assault cannon for a few games to stretch the old guy's legs. Edited by G8Keeper

Dreads are good counter assault units and excel at tying up vehicles that rely on middling strength shooting. The dreadnought fist is a great anti tank weapon.

With our chapter traits changing soon, spending a CP for Wisdom of the Ancients will be nice too.