Getting back into a Crusade frame of mind

If the Impulsor goes from a 4+ to a 5+ invuln as was implied by the warcom article, will it still be auto take? Right now it seems like a shield dome impulsor is really expensive, I think I may consider an alternate loadout, or perhaps even taking nothing on it to keep the cost low. 

Additionally, I know overwatch isn't as pervasive but there are still plenty of units out there we need to be wary of, and there's always the chance we come up against the Tau. Even with the points increase, I think taking suppressors just in case is still a good idea. 

Since it's supposed to be a Predator analogue, I'm not expecting the Gladiator to have transport capacity. But if it does, awesome!

5++ Shield Domes make Impulsors less attractive, but they're still fast flying transports with an invul and the Assault Ramp rule, which makes them potentially still very good in a 9th meta that focuses heavily on board control. I think they're still very usable with the shield dome nerf, you just might actually consider the other upgrade options instead. You could take a bunch of Bellicatus missiles or Icarus stubbers, get some substantial extra shooting, and then get the 4++ back via the Aurillian Shroud ;)

Upgrade kit and transfers mostly. I also have the over pauldrons from Red Dog Minis and recently purchased some Phobos and MK3 esque pads from an Etsy shop called Emperor's Fists Bits, which were really good. The embossed crosses weren't stupidly proud, like many I've seen, but we're easy to paint.

What do y’all use for shoulder pads and bits like that ?

I use a mix of the old BT upgrade sprue, GK helmets and tilting plates, some SoB bits and some DA bits all scattered throughout my force, with liberal application of freehanding where shoulder pads don't have sculpted details.

I mainly use transfers and recently managed to lay my grbbly hands on 200! Metal bt pads from the past.

I'm thinking on using transfers for primaris and the pads for firstborn.

I also started to push mould crosses. But my learning curve there is still rather steep

Edited by Brother Carpenter

I tried so many techniques last week, even the classic of offering up the backing paper to the model and sliding didn't work, as they curled onto the back of the paper!

I hadn't used transfers in so long before finding TMB that I forgot this was abnormal, but yeah, they definitely curl a lot. The best way I've found is to put the paper right up against the model with my tweezers, hold the transfer in place with a brush, and pull the paper out from under it.

Edited by Hymnblade