EC vs Judiciar

Syward

but to be honest. The Elite slot has Aggressors, Company Veterans, Eradicators, Bladeguard Veterans, Assault Terminators, Ancients and Apos... 

short said: all of our damage dealers.

Edited by Medjugorje

but to be honest. The Elite slot has Aggressors, Company Veterans, Eradicators, Bladeguard Veterans, Assault Terminators, Ancients and Apos... 

short said: all of our damage dealers.

I thought the Eradicators were a heavy selection? The Judiciar and his buff is a huge though. He nullifies an enemies ability to fight while protecting our units from damage. His ability can essentially rob a high value'threat target of it's ability to do damage and makes, which is definitely worth 1 of the 6 elite slots IMO

Multiple Judiciars might be worthwhile, if you really want to shut down countercharges.

I tried already. Its too expensive in points

I considered this too, for my less-than-optimized Templar lists. It'd definitely be easier to pull off if they were HQs. In a battalion you end up with a minimum of 4 characters if you take two Judiciars. That's definitely a lot of points. I suppose in a Vanguard detachment it could be more doable, if the other slot restrictions don't hamstring your plans too much. But of course, only taking one HQ character restricts any buffs you could have.

On the topic of how much I hate fighting this model. He absolutely blunted a single assault intercessors squad alpha strike. Completely changed the momentum of the fight. I think he should only effect fights that he is in. A unit of eliminators will be in every list dedicated to taking him down.

I haven't played any games against a Judiciar yet, but I have played against the Armour of Russ and the Vexator Mask, and both are extremely powerful for defending against charges. You have to adjust your whole game plan to account for it.

You can take six elite now.

Couldn't you always? Just noone did because they wouldn't max out the Force Org.

You could. It's a lot more relevant now that we're all trying to use just a single detachment though. HQ, FA and HS slots are all very valuable but elites not so much.

Maybe BTs could just say that the Judiciar represents how a Primaris EC fights, effectively a "counts as" Judiciar. I agree that the rules for the EC don't really do a lot, making him a hard-to-justify HQ choice.

I don't like the Judiciar's head so I replaced it with a Templar Brethren hat from 30k. Now he kind of looks like an EC. This is for my Crimson Fists but I like having a sort of throwback to the Crusading 7th Legion in there. 

50162710538_bc675d61c8_k.jpg

Couldn't you always? Just noone did because they wouldn't max out the Force Org.

You could. It's a lot more relevant now that we're all trying to use just a single detachment though. HQ, FA and HS slots are all very valuable but elites not so much.

Maybe BTs could just say that the Judiciar represents how a Primaris EC fights, effectively a "counts as" Judiciar. I agree that the rules for the EC don't really do a lot, making him a hard-to-justify HQ choice.

I don't like the Judiciar's head so I replaced it with a Templar Brethren hat from 30k. Now he kind of looks like an EC. This is for my Crimson Fists but I like having a sort of throwback to the Crusading 7th Legion in there.

I've done something similar by reshuffling things around from the Indomitus box, putting the visor down helm on the Captain, visor up helm on the Lieutenant, the Lieutenant's helm on the Ancient, and finally the Ancient's helm on the Judiciar.

I've done something similar by reshuffling things around from the Indomitus box, putting the visor down helm on the Captain, visor up helm on the Lieutenant, the Lieutenant's helm on the Ancient, and finally the Ancient's helm on the Judiciar.

Nice idea. The Ancient's helm would look good on a Judiciar.

I've been staring at the Judiciar sword, hobby knife in hand, but haven't taken the plunge yet.

Anyone have some pointers how I should make the cuts?

Turn flat bit into ponty bit.

That's my plan.

Edited by Sete