Black Templars storm shields from Forge World coming back?

Schlitzaf

Ace Minis do two sizes on Shapeways which appear to be straight copies.

They aren't straight copies. But they are very good. I have them and I love them.

Have you by any chance got a size comparison of the different sizes with a BladeGuard? The FW termi ones just looked a little big.

Huh, was going to ask this myself, as coming around to ordering some for safe keeping and couldn't find them. Missed out on that then. :(  

Oh well, time to recreate them for self use out of the ones I do have. 

Ace Minis do two sizes on Shapeways which appear to be straight copies.

They aren't straight copies. But they are very good. I have them and I love them.

Have you by any chance got a size comparison of the different sizes with a BladeGuard? The FW termi ones just looked a little big.

+1.

Would also be grateful if you could share some pics of them please.

I did the same to my Castellan, but found that his arm was just easier to make the conversion. The vets have too much of their arms attached to the shield to make it easy.

I put a FW shield on both lieutenant and captain, as per my crusade thread, but yeah, same thing with the regular bladeguard... as well as being low on shields, unless I'd deprive my terminators of them. Even doing that I couldn't equip a 6-man bladeguard as well as the two HQs, since I seem to have a total of 7 shields. Anyway, yeah, it wouldn't be all that difficult to put the shields on the regular bladeguard, but you would have to either destroy the original shield for it for the "easy" way, or alternatively do some green stuff magic. I'm not gluing the orignal shields on so I can do further conversion later if I want to, the peg attachment will suffice in the meanwhile.

That Ace Minis stuff seems certainly nice, though it gets a bit on the pricey side with shipping in Europe.

Edited by tvih

Are those the ones they describe as vanguard sized?

I believe so, yes, because they’re sized for non terminator marines (such as vanguard veterans).

Have a link?