The Lion with Curze on his flagship

Arch69

During the Hersey Cruze was onboard the Lions flagship I believe.

And when the DA arrived at Macragge why didn't the Lion tell Guilliman about Cruze running around on his ship?

It’s only after Guilliman strangled him he told him.

Because the Lion, being the archetypal Dark Angel, didn't want to admit he'd lost Curze and hadn't recaptured him yet. Dark Angels keeping secrets they shouldn't keep is really core to their personality as a legion/chapter. I think it was Gav Thorpe who was interviewed recently saying that the original lie wasn't that bad, but because they covered one thing up, they had to cover up the cover up and on it has gone for 10,000 years. They're trapped so deep in their own lies now that admitting the truth in any point would destroy any credibility they ever had.

I see. Thanks for the information.

Because the Lion, being the archetypal Dark Angel, didn't want to admit he'd lost Curze and hadn't recaptured him yet. Dark Angels keeping secrets they shouldn't keep is really core to their personality as a legion/chapter. I think it was Gav Thorpe who was interviewed recently saying that the original lie wasn't that bad, but because they covered one thing up, they had to cover up the cover up and on it has gone for 10,000 years. They're trapped so deep in their own lies now that admitting the truth in any point would destroy any credibility they ever had.