Forge World and The Lion

ValourousHeart

Meanwhile, over here I'm still trying hard to justify that 200 AUD price tag.. help! There is also a strong consideration that if my flatmate finds out I blew that much dough, then I'll be in need of a serious defence upgrade, because he. will. whoop. my. [censored]

Edited by Skywrath

Meanwhile, over here I'm still trying hard to justify that 200 AUD price tag.. help! There is also a strong consideration that if my flatmate finds out I blew that much dough, then I'll be in need of a serious defence upgrade, because he. will. whoop. my. [censored]

This is why I needed a spring clean......

Tracking says mine will come on Monday.  Hopefully the Fedex guy walks up the stairs this time instead of chucking it from the parking lot.  But I'm fully expecting him to bounce it off my door as his "knock".  Good thing I'm only 10 minutes from the Citadel so I can take it there Tuesday and open it at the shop so they can see if it was damaged, and hopefully replace it if it was.

Tracking says mine will come on Monday.  Hopefully the Fedex guy walks up the stairs this time instead of chucking it from the parking lot.  But I'm fully expecting him to bounce it off my door as his "knock".  Good thing I'm only 10 minutes from the Citadel so I can take it there Tuesday and open it at the shop so they can see if it was damaged, and hopefully replace it if it was.

I was half expecting you to say that, and just then throw the box back in his face or something to that effect haha.

a decent hit to the wallet for sure, luckily I took advantage of the voucher deal they were running back in April/May in anticipation of this day.

I feel so stupid for not doing this. I knew Crusade was coming, I knew the Lion was coming and I had the disposable income to buy at least a few vouchers in April/May, and I still managed to be an idiot and not do it.

a decent hit to the wallet for sure, luckily I took advantage of the voucher deal they were running back in April/May in anticipation of this day.

I feel so stupid for not doing this. I knew Crusade was coming, I knew the Lion was coming and I had the disposable income to buy at least a few vouchers in April/May, and I still managed to be an idiot and not do it.

Even though I did get them, I waited until the very end.  I wish now I had picked up at least one more, spread the the voucher purchases over time.

At the same time, it's not like my pile of shame doesnt already go into the next decade.

I was half expecting you to say that, and just then throw the box back in his face or something to that effect haha.

It came today.  And judging by the dent in the corner of the shipping box, the delivery guy should be playing baseball or football, not driving for Fedex.  Fortunately it was dented on the side that had the bubble plastic, so the black box inside and more importantly the model wasn't damaged.

Like Primarch tall, or taller?

:tongue.:

I think he's sculpted to be taller than average Primarch height. As even with his stance, he's taller than Perturabo, who's got a very vertical pose.

Or to make it easier: With his stance as it is, a Deathwing Terminator is eye-level with his crotch, and Primaris are eye-level with the bottom of his breastplate.

That is very tall. I wish that FW had made them a head or so taller than Astartes instead of monstrous creature tall.

Would have made them a bit less cartoonist.

But meh; mine is on the way and will get the showcase paint job not the tabletop one, it will sit apart from my 40k dudes for obvious reasons so scale is less important.

That is very tall. I wish that FW had made them a head or so taller than Astartes instead of monstrous creature tall.

Would have made them a bit less cartoonist.

But meh; mine is on the way and will get the showcase paint job not the tabletop one, it will sit apart from my 40k dudes for obvious reasons so scale is less important.

Okay, here's a picture. So it's better than I originally thought, as the Lion's base adds about 3mm to his height from his lower foot. Due to his stance he's a bit more upright, but it looks like a Terminator comes to about mid-waist on him if they were both standing equally straight up.

TSBuYx9.jpg