A list of units that gel with our new chapter tactics

aura_enchanted

Though that I'd go over some units to consider when list building and how you can take some normally mundane stuff or stuff you might otherwise pass up on and field it to lethal effect. Feel free to submit your own with an explanation.

Deimos laser destroyer, shortish range always kept it out of the mix but it's suprisingly low cost monetarily for a forgeworld and the points means that it won't bust your wallet you could probably even scratch build your own with some leftover bits and a Vindicator carcass off ebay. It didn't like moving anyway, moving was for the classy. So you move it into a piece of terrain turn 1, find some nice sight lines and evaporate anyone dumb enough to walk into its firing arcs. For added enjoyment support with infiltrators with a comms array to prevent deep strikes on it. And turn any exercise in digging out its gun an effort in forceful and violent body restructuring.

Tarantula sentry turrets, they didn't move anyway, the lascannons in pertciular could become a lucrative option. And so it's now bs3+ not a bad little source for lascannons, there's worse ones.. like a deredeo which now costs enough points to feed a Tyranid army for a week.

Land raiders, here my out. Pretty much all of the land raiders suddenly become amazing. Once their in the thick of the fight their thick hides can ride out the worst of most assaults and once their cargo is disgorged they usually stay to support them with their guns. This makes the land raider and excellent buy. It also is a large model width wise and can be an important line of sight blocking unit. The land raider excelsior from legends I think might be overpowered in the hands of a skilled pilot, I mean it's a land raider that virtually can't die and that melts elite infantry like their cheese on nachos in the oven. Woe betide the man who wants to fight that thing on open ground unprepared for a slugging match or titanic class firepower.

Twin lascannons contempor: might be the best source of a twin lascannon the marines can now field and he's somehow cheaper then he was before a rarity in an edition about price hikes he went down. Might be a backline must either as double trouble mortis or just with the single set. And a 5++ is nothing to sneeze at these days. And if it remains stationary it ceases to care about falling to the second tier of its damage table

Plasma obliterator turret. This is a niche one because it's not sold anymore but if you get one or have one it now auto fires on a 4+ and does a lot of violent plasma damage.

Whirlwinds really benefit from the +1 result to hit rolls. They were in a bad place for a while but I think in small point games they might be a game changer. Like 1000 points and down the whirlwind might really upset some enemies ability to function.

The stalker. The stalker get a bad rap because it's a a flakk truck but hear me out. It now no longer cares if it's shooting at ground targets. That's a heavy 3 s7 ap -1 d2 gun. And against fly keyword units like interceptors, assault marines with packs, stormboys it's now a 2+ that's a very powerful unit and it's not all that expensive. Ground attack flakk trucks are potentially a really kills unit. Did I mention 48" range *cackles in glee*

Redemptor dreadnaught like the contempor it ignores it's 2nd tier damage chart except for its movement. And it may need to move it's harder to hide due to its size.

Firestrike servo turret. Since it can't move it always has the bonus to shooting and melee that's a pretty big deal and not to be ignored.

Repulsor/executioner see the land raider section as it's basically the same however insert the way more short range support guns of the repulsor and you have a very powerful supporting fire element.

Drop pods since they can't move we effectively have a better drop pod then other marines do and deathwind launchers are blast I can see some possibilities for deathwind support pods with assault marines or melee veterans with combat shields charging off the run roughly in the general direction of the enemy in hopes of causing panic or redirect fire to prioritize their timely arrival.

Devastator squads, usually stationary, have the signum and armorium cherub combo and we can now access the Grav stratagem if you wanted to go that way, Heck Grav Cannons are now cheaper to boot! Ill be running 4x Plasma Cannons and seeing how much I need the rerolls from a Master and Lieutenant.

Devastator squads, usually stationary, have the signum and armorium cherub combo and we can now access the Grav stratagem if you wanted to go that way, Heck Grav Cannons are now cheaper to boot! Ill be running 4x Plasma Cannons and seeing how much I need the rerolls from a Master and Lieutenant.

Plasma cannons are blast weapons too so 4 of them will shred units of Marines of 6+ models into little pieces

It has been pointed out to me that Chaplains will synergise very well using stoic precision. Intercessors can move and still benefit from Bolter discipline and the new tactica

A Chaplain on a bike will allow Ravenwing to benefit from the new tactic.

Along with Sam to re-roll all hits and a talon master to remove cover this could create quite the bubble of death.

It still sorta tickles me that we have stalkers that aren't the worst thing to ever crawl off the shelf now. Even if only temporarily

Is it bad that I wanna buy a stalker simply for the looks of confusion before I open up and introduce someones poor metal box to ironhail autocannons

Edited by aura_enchanted