Games in 9th - thoughts, ideas, feedback.

Morticon

I have not tested impulsors yet. Are you finding it easy to keep them away from friendles in regards to explosions rolls?

Enjoying the old school batrep format!

Ive only had one or two explosions so far (and its been devastating for anything near) but, yeah man...theyre just so so so good.  Like, game changingly good.  4++ and fly with a 14" move  just gives them such exceptional durability and mobility. Theyre not a threat in any conventional sense in terms of damage output, but their harassment factor coupled with their ability to score objectives make them a must to take out.  

How were the bladeguard? I love the models so really want them to perform - but they seem to need the impulsors to make them work. I was hoping the new reduced table size might make foot slogging more viable though

Excellent- but yes - Impulsors - further to that, any rolls of one really hurt.  They really, really put out some damage. In 1k games they'll be unreal cause of the table size. In bigger games, I dont see myself using them without an Impulsor. 

Had a game yesterday against my friends Custodes. 2000 points, four pillars. Man, what a fight! Got super frustrated early in the game, as like every game against Custodes nothing wants to die. But, boy oh boy the pendulum swung at round three leaving only Trajan Valoris alive at the bottom of turn 4. Scene of the game (at least for me) was when the 9 assault intercessors charged his Telemon dakka dread turn 3. They also had +1 attack psyker buff. The face of my opponent after getting nine wounds on his T8 2+/4++/6+++ monster was priceless.

I really have to manage my expectations better, but it's so super frustrating against Custodes at the start. It seems you can't kill anything and they always hit on 2s and often also wound on 2s, maybe 3s.

Updated some info with the GK game. 

Had a game yesterday against my friends Custodes. 2000 points, four pillars. Man, what a fight! Got super frustrated early in the game, as like every game against Custodes nothing wants to die. But, boy oh boy the pendulum swung at round three leaving only Trajan Valoris alive at the bottom of turn 4. Scene of the game (at least for me) was when the 9 assault intercessors charged his Telemon dakka dread turn 3. They also had +1 attack psyker buff. The face of my opponent after getting nine wounds on his T8 2+/4++/6+++ monster was priceless.
I really have to manage my expectations better, but it's so super frustrating against Custodes at the start. It seems you can't kill anything and they always hit on 2s and often also wound on 2s, maybe 3s.

Did you pop GeneWrought might? Perfect occasion vs a T8 unit

Unfortunately I burned through my CP superfast till the end of turn 2. Transhuman Physio, fight again strat etc. everything sums up so fast. And to be honest, I guess I would have had forgotten it at this moment anyway :)

Unfortunately I burned through my CP superfast till the end of turn 2. Transhuman Physio, fight again strat etc. everything sums up so fast. And to be honest, I guess I would have had forgotten it at this moment anyway :)

I know the feeling about burning through CP so fast (my personal record with 15 in T1 earlier into 8th when you could recoup more than 1). But at the end of the day, if using CP helps you win the game, then that’s what matters. The worst use of CP is having some left at the end of the game b/c you were worried about using the wrong one.

Played against DG again yesterday - 4th time, I believe now in 9th. 

They finally beat me to it- but only, imo, because I took shoddy secondaries. 

I maxed the primaries to his 35, but only got 10 secondary points out of 45 (all from Engage on all fronts). 

Had I taken Bring it Down, or even attrition, I could have done better. 

As most of you may be seeing in various reports - DG are currently one of the harsest armies out there.  Their PA did them a wonderful service and their rules are exceptional for 9th ed play. 

Its the first time the Achilles list has been defeated - and my first "real" defeat of 9th - which I feel a touch deflated about on account of how I felt I was dominating the flow of battle in the game (despite losing most of the list by end of 5th!!)  Just goes to show though, how important secondaries are.