2W marine, 3W terminaror and 3W bike? the impact for DA

solarisqc

Attack bike at 5W? With the new multimelta profile too? I’ll take some of that. And the possibility of 30” boltguns may make Ravenwing bikes better than the new Outriders.

Either way, these changes are a massive plus to both Wings.

Oh and to add to that: +1S to the Corvus Hammer will make Black Knights more potent in combat too.

This makes me happy. I was worried my whole collection was fallimg behind in viability. Ive actually started working on them more, and this motivates me.

Drop pods just moved up in que, melta kill squad, and my assault marines. Exciting times

Edited by jbaeza94

drop veterans with plasma pistols and power swords might be an amazing infantry killer, even synergy with weapons from the dark age if you need to put elite infantry on blast

If you wanna keep'em cheap maybe, but I'll be running mine with combi-plas, chainswords and combat shields with a Thunder Hammer on the sarge myself. Got a badass custom squad of them I've been dying to use but I've never been able to justify the points. But now!

Also survivable Plasma Cannon Devs with WFtDA on T1 with our Decurion? Hell. Yes. As inefficient as it is, I'll be running that as a full 10-man squad. Gonna finish painting those Lascannon Devs I've had sitting half painted too. 

And Ravenwing not being completely invalidated by the Outriders is such a massive bonus too. Not too keen on the new bikes and if I do run them they'll be as converted Firstborn. I'm so glad Primaris are now only an option rather than the only choice for running thematic Marines. 

The wound on bike and attack bike (and point cost) will be interesting to see they way they are going. I put 3W on the title, but it will be possible to have the same 4W as primaris.

This will be interesting, primaris as the melee bike option and firstborn as the range bike option.

The attack bike can have everything between 4-8W, my guest will be on 6W (2w per marine and 2w for the AB).

WFTDA will be a great bonus for DA to give overcharge plasma D3 and be the most effective weapon in our arsenal to take care of all 3W unit we see in the future.

This is a great time to be a DA player.

Not to dampen the enthusiasm, but weapon damage looks like it’s increasing in expected value across all factions, so I think the 2W marines is really nice, but will probably overall be offset by the points value for horde armies and the damage output for heavy infantry killing ranged attacks in all factions. Best news is at 2W, you can take MSU objective grabbers and avoid the blast risk.

Only issue I see is the leaked change to Grim Resolve- no longer having the re-rolling 1s to Hit will make it more necessary to bring Masters for Greenwing, especially plasma cannon devs/plasma vets. The fact that 2 damage weaponry seems to be more prevalent is also slightly an issue, but it effects Primaris too, which makes it a neutral change in my book. Otherwise, I'm happy as hell, and look forward to bringing my Deathwing/Ravenwing list to more competitive games.

Plasma have been confirm to overheat on natural 1 only.

With the change to Grim Resolve, we lost the reroll 1 that was almost essensial for the DA to shot overcharge plasma. I hope GW have plan for the synergy of Plasma and DA because with the info we have so far, there is no incentive to use lots of plasma for the First.

I hope we keep WFTDA at +1 damage for D3 overcharge plasma but only 1 squad can use WFTDA.

Plasma have been confirm to overheat on natural 1 only.

With the change to Grim Resolve, we lost the reroll 1 that was almost essensial for the DA to shot overcharge plasma. I hope GW have plan for the synergy of Plasma and DA because with the info we have so far, there is no incentive to use lots of plasma for the First.

I hope we keep WFTDA at +1 damage for D3 overcharge plasma but only 1 squad can use WFTDA.

Nobody forces you to overheat your plasma weapons all the time

Guest MistaGav

I'm thinking about converting some intercessors into devastator marines but not sure what weapons to give them. I'm thinking plasma cannons for our stratagem but then missile launchers might be alright too for a mixture of horde/anti-tank where needed.