If I choose to use legends units

aura_enchanted

I'm actually wondering if the new dex will update that stuff too.

I read somewhere that the contents page was leaked but can't find it, what is even remaining Legends?

To answer your question directly; yes you can, but opponent's permission as usual.

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

i doubt we will see the return of the imperial space marine and his god forged WMD, or the land raider excelsior which is my pride and joy

I still don't understand how a currently produced model (Land Raider Excelsior and Rhino Primaris) is Legends. Yes, it's Warhammer World exclusive, but you can still buy it currently....

i doubt we will see the return of the imperial space marine and his god forged WMD, or the land raider excelsior which is my pride and joy

I still don't understand how a currently produced model (Land Raider Excelsior and Rhino Primaris) is Legends. Yes, it's Warhammer World exclusive, but you can still buy it currently....

Honour Guard/Company Veterans with Jump Packs can  be bought in any GW shop. Yet they were still shoved onto the Legends pile.

Honour Guard/Company Veterans with Jump Packs can be bought in any GW shop. Yet they were still shoved onto the Legends pile.
Cause the one they sell are labelled Vanguard Veterans and not CoVets/HG

This is the way GW works now

Bare in mind that if you use legends then the points won’t be adjusted to account for another wound.

And GW didn't adjusted Power Levels too

Legends Units you use aspetto they are (points, power levels, opzione, stat lines) or you have to agree a house rule with your opponent

I don't think Character models like the Imperial Space Marine are going to be getting the wound increase, only the regular Infantry. Based on that Command Squad leak anyway, which had the Apothecary and Company Champion at 4 wounds apiece. 

Bare in mind that if you use legends then the points won’t be adjusted to account for another wound.

To be fair a lot of Legends units were priced fairly high to begin with, even with the 9th Ed points hikes I imagine a lot of them will still be somewhat fairly costed. 

That's got me thinking about Legends options though. I imagine it'd be a case of just using the updated profiles (if needed) because the points are still in the 'Dex but who knows. Things are getting a bit messy in the ol' Legends department. 

Edited by Jings

the imperial space marine is actually a lot of funny if you ever wanna see something funny fight another space marine player and put a primaris lt on blast with one or a phobos librarian, his health will vanish when he pulls the trigger and i just imagine the old man yelling at him to get off his lawn, and that back in his day we had to walk to objective both ways up hill in the snow while hand to hand fighting chaos cultists

I don't think Character models like the Imperial Space Marine are going to be getting the wound increase, only the regular Infantry. Based on that Command Squad leak anyway, which had the Apothecary and Company Champion at 4 wounds apiece. 

To be fair a lot of Legends units were priced fairly high to begin with, even with the 9th Ed points hikes I imagine a lot of them will still be somewhat fairly costed. 

That's got me thinking about Legends options though. I imagine it'd be a case of just using the updated profiles (if needed) because the points are still in the 'Dex but who knows. Things are getting a bit messy in the ol' Legends department. 

actually if you can believe it the land raider excelsior and rhino primaris got CHEAPER this edition because the grav cannon went down and the twin plasma gun has no points value at all in the new field manual making that weapon now free. so a total drop of 23pts for the two vehicles. its not a huge drop but its a drop. you are paying 18pts for the comms array but you were always doing that anyway despite it being completely different from the one the incursors/infiltraitors have but has an identical name

Edited by aura_enchanted

Honour Guard/Company Veterans with Jump Packs can be bought in any GW shop. Yet they were still shoved onto the Legends pile.

I forgot to mention the third name the unit once had: Command Squad. That box still exists, and so do Jump Packs. It's not like they removed all the other upgrade packs. Edited by Quixus

I forgot to mention the third name the unit once had: Command Squad. That box still exists, and so do Jump Packs. It's not like they removed all the other upgrade packs.
Command squad doesn't exist anymore cause now ancient, champion and apothecary are indipendente characters and the other models are CoVets

And the separate jump packs are sold cause many characters have the jump pack option

I forgot to mention the third name the unit once had: Command Squad. That box still exists, and so do Jump Packs. It's not like they removed all the other upgrade packs.
Command squad doesn't exist anymore cause now ancient, champion and apothecary are indipendente characters and the other models are CoVets

And the separate jump packs are sold cause many characters have the jump pack option

I always found that the two other vets in the command squads were the now Lieutenants.

That is, that 2 lieutenants + champion + apothecary + ancient, made up the 5 guys from the command squad

I always found that the two other vets in the command squads were the now Lieutenants.

That is, that 2 lieutenants + champion + apothecary + ancient, made up the 5 guys from the command squad

Yesss

That's an option

BTW in DA i feel that this command squad kit should go together with the robed Veteran kit to make better looking company staff

Edited by Master Sheol

I kit bashed the command squad with the comp vets and left over apothecary bits from a black knights kit. My two spare guys just have bolt guns and fill in for squad sgts when I don’t want to have to pay for the upgrades I built them with

I kit bashed the command squad with the comp vets and left over apothecary bits from a black knights kit. My two spare guys just have bolt guns and fill in for squad sgts when I don’t want to have to pay for the upgrades I built them with

I did the same... I used the Apothecary backpack from BK (more details than the original one), the vials from DW apothecary (BK one has vials only on one side) and the apothecary head and right shoulder pad from the command squad kit... all put on a DA veteran robed body...

I was super proud of my command squad. It was my first real kit bash and free hand. It’s a shame I barely got to use the banner of deviation when it was a thing back in 6th. Now they spend their time in a box unused. I am glad robes and tabards are making a come back with indomitus.

I was super proud of my command squad. It was my first real kit bash and free hand. It’s a shame I barely got to use the banner of deviation when it was a thing back in 6th. Now they spend their time in a box unused. I am glad robes and tabards are making a come back with indomitus.

Yes

Unfortunately the only useful thing in old command squads are the normal veterans that can be used as CoVets

Ancients, Apothecaries and Company Champions are subpar in 8th edition (only the RW and DW ancients can find an use with their specific banners)

I miss the good old Sacred Standards and their bearer Ancient Bethor (that was deleted from the codex and the miniture recycled to become the Chapter Ancient)

I own the metal Bethor since 2nd edition (complete with paper banner) and he is sad in a box with other unusued minitures

I made my own with a free hand banner of deviation. With extra wounds they may be useful again

According to the command squad datashhet the firstborn characters don't get additional wounds, just basic units do

Ancients remain with 4 wounds according to leaks

The problem for the DA Ancients in PA is the lack of the Sacred Standards

They have a decent statline and they have wargear options so they cane benefit from the upgraded weapons but they are stuck with the not so great Company banner

A bit better is the Chapter Ancient for the better standard they carry even if itlacks the DW keyword and IC special rules cause according to the DA fluff the Chapter Ancient is a member of the DW

I guess that the ones who write DA Codex don't Know the DA lore ;)

Yesss

That's an option

BTW in DA i feel that this command squad kit should go together with the robed Veteran kit to make better looking company staff

believe it or not, it did exactly that long ago in the dark angels battle force box. Edited by Zustiur