Heresy-Era BA Legion Units in 40k

A quick question—so, I have a hankerin’ to use the relatively new BA dreadnoughts in a 40k Army, but can’t find rules for “relic” versions of 1) the Contemptor-Incaendius or 2) the BA version of the Leviathan (with the Chest-mounted assault cannon option). Normally, Forgeworld releases datasheets for both 30k and 40k when they make new units, but in this specific case they didn’t bc both units were released right around the time that HH Book 8 dropped. There was a thread on Reddit in October 2019 that lamented the lack of rules for the Contemptor-Incaendius, but that was almost a year ago... anyway, the folks on here are better informed than I am, so I was wondering if anybody had any info and/ or rumors.

They never made 40k rules for either the ba Leviathan nor the incaendius. They are exclusively HH at the moment.

That said, I don't really see a problem paying the points and telling an opponent"hey, I just added the pts to the fig. We cool?"

The ability to swap heavy flamers for assault cannons is a unique ability for the BA legion, so the Leviathan with ACs is technically a unit unique to the BA legion, along with the Incaendius.

Legion-unique units from 30k have never gotten 40k rules, except for proxying units such as Kakophoni as Noise Marines, or GW releasing post-chaos versions like Deathshroud termies.

So I'd not expect to see Incaendius and co rules ever in 40k, the legion unique units are intended to be a unique draw/attraction of the 30k system. As mentioned above, you could ask your opponent and pay the extra in the case of assault cannons.

Edited by Darkwrath121

They probably aren’t going to be porting them over anytime soon if we go off forgeworlds treatment of other unique marine units (such as the Thousand sons contemptor which hasn’t been made a 40k unit yet). On the other hand there is nothing from stopping you from running either as a normal contemptor or leviathan (hell the leviathan is completely legal in its loadout the only reason to create one is due to the nipple assault cannons). They both are same size etc as a normal variation.

The Contemptor-Incaendius is a Horus Heresy BA special unit, not just a generic contemptor, meaning only Blood Angels get to use them. No special unit of any of the legions has 40k rules for it because in the lore, they simply don't exist 10k years later. What this effectively means is that FW made these models specifically for 30k and thats where they're staying indefinitely. 

Leviathans on the other hand aren't special units, they're generic units, even though BA have their own version of it. It's no different than all of the other legions, with one exception, the assault cannons. In the lore these new Iliastus pattern assault cannons are experimental and are being tested during the time of the late crusade in the BA and IF Legions, although they seem to be a lot more prevalent in the BA Legion. Still, in game play terms this means that there are no rules for them because it effectively (or rather the ones attached to Leviathans) are pretty much non existent by m41. The kit still of course comes with Heavy Flamers which are of course usable.