Eliminators with rumoured Chapter Bonus

Aeri

Hey there!

I never actually fielded my Eliminators (thanks covid) and it looks like I am going to have my first match with the new codex in October.

I have several questions on how to make the best use of them

Let's assume that they a) get +1 to hit if stationary and b) our doctrine bonus stays the same (extra range + ap on first turn.

1) what is the best sniperweapon profile under these circumstances?

2) is it worth to use the Sgt.'s ability? (+1 to hit/wound)

3) what character support would you give them (if any)

4) keep them in your zone or make use of infiltration?

I am planning to play a heavy Phobos themed army with some hellblasters in impulsors.

I have 3x5 infiltrator squads, 2 Invictors 2x3 Eliminators and all of the Phobos characters (except for the captain, which I still need to get).

Also, I could field a Chaplain and Lazarus/a Master.

Edited by Aeri

I would give them Bolt Sniper Rifles throughout. The native +1 to-Hit probably means that you will get more value from the Sergeant shooting directly rather than buffing his 2 squad mates. Having said that, fishing for 5s for Mortal wounds is easier than 6s.

I would probably not give them character support. Put your rerolls on more expensive units in general. Also Eliminators only come in squads of 3 meaning that 1 dead Eliminator and they will no longer be able to screen nearby characters using "Look out Sir".

Where you deploy them will depend very much on the mission being played, I don't think there is going to be a hard-and-fast rule for this. If you are running a Phobos-heavy list, they will probably be safe enough to deploy in the midfield as nearby Infiltrators will stop the enemy coming out of Reserve close to them. But there may be days when the best place for them is guarding a home Objective or sitting pretty in your DZ to snipe.