Ravenwing cooked into C:SM

jaxom

Hey don't forget ol' Sapphon who got best to a model by that upstart Asmodai . If they do come out with a Primaris Azzy, Ezzy etc I hope they can do something a little more creative with their story than "big fight, big wound, big marine".

That really was a rubbish storyline for both Ragnar and Ghaz. They fight, they kill each other then both get magically embiggened and come back for round 2. That makes Matt Ward's writing look pulitzer-winning. Still, at least Mephiston was a bit more interesting so don't give up hope yet.

However, I seriously hope the reason they didn't preview the Dark Angels codex is because the Lion is in there.

The same thought crossed my mind. However I remember everyone speculating the same thing about Space Wolves in 8th edition that Russ would be returning and that was why the codex was held back by nearly a year. Then it turned out the only reason we were left till last is that GW couldn't be bothered. :sad.:

Edited by Karhedron

I think Wispy's guess of a captain for SW/BA and a character associated with a box or something for DA might be on point.

I am not as familiar with BA iconography, but the covers of the BA and SW supplements seem to have a generic captain sort of fellow on them. These are also useful kits to have for successors, etc.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

But i hope for some forma of lieutenant for DW too (primaris or firstborn it's the same for me)

The Bladguard LT should be part of the Deathwing.

Unfortunately, the Indomitus Lieutenant does not have the BLADEGUARD keyword, and so is unlikely to get the DEATHWING keyword as we've been led to believe. 

Functionally though, in the absence of any wholesale change to the composition of the Deathwing, it's difficult to field anything other than a Terminator Lieutenant Primaris (as yet...) cannot deepstrike in alongside a regular Deathwing squad, nor can they ride with them in a Land Raider. 

Also, the existence of Deathwing Knights in the structure sort of reduces the need for Deathwing Lieutenants...essentially, a Deathwing Knight Master is the equivalent of a Deathwing Lieutenant, particularly in terms of how they are the traditional recruiting grounds for Chapter Masters. I think it would be awesome if the whole DWK squad would confer some sort of aura bonus to reflect this.

Introducing the keywords into the base codex makes very much sense when read in conjunction with the quote on the webpage that all flavors of space marines will profit from changes on gear and profiles instantly - still our keywords will be refering to the old codes for a while but its still much better than the "well sucks to be you - your codex isn't one of the current edition so you cant have it" situation.

The Phoenix Lords, Dante, Azrael and Ezekiel should be the oldest remaining characters in the game from my investigations there. There might be something else, but most of the other old ones like Lucius are from a bit later than those.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Back on topic though... with the new codex and the supplement, especially with the new CORE trait, Ravenwing characters are looking at a significant shift. The two talonmaster list is at a deficit. The sableclaw and talonmaster models will still be lethal, but will be very much downgraded without self supporting bubbles. Given that, I doubt new RW HQs other than the Bike Chap. Edited by bigtrouble

I think a Talonmaster on bike could be quite likely. Since by the rules, Primaris successor chapters can now field models with the Ravenwing and Deathwing keywords, I think it is a reasonable conclusion that we would see a primaris ravenwing officer that can be fielded as a Talonmaster and perhaps upgraded to a Ravenwing Master.

I think a Talonmaster on bike could be quite likely. Since by the rules, Primaris successor chapters can now field models with the Ravenwing and Deathwing keywords, I think it is a reasonable conclusion that we would see a primaris ravenwing officer that can be fielded as a Talonmaster and perhaps upgraded to a Ravenwing Master.

See I would bet that if they release data sheets for these on bikes, then the only thing would be a “primaris RW upgrade” box that would enable converting these, like the talonmaster speeder now.