new Codex - the changes

Medjugorje

If skillful parry is too op how about

Vicious reposte is our doctrine?

Sucks that land speeders are different datasheets now, I can't field them in groups like before with their current loadouts

Is skillful parry -1 to hit?

Yes, if that would be our new doctrine then it'd be cool and unique as its a defensive bonus whereas every other assault chapter gets an offensive one and now that penalties to hit have a limit its not like its overpowered, it would do nothing against power fists or thunder hammers which makes sense because no one is parrying those weapons.

Is skillful parry -1 to hit?

-1 to hit in close combat, yes

Vicious reposte on the other hand is the one where a save roll of 6 bounces a MW back.

The defensive parry is flavorful for our chapter style as well as pairing well with our Tactic that resists mortal wounds.

Though I believe the FNP on MW is supposed to be anti psyker in flavor.

Edited by SirJyo

For the super doctrine I’d go with re-roll wounds in combat if shock assault has been activated, call it zealous fury or something.hayn

Re-roll wounds would be a nice buff, but I just think we could think bigger. Re-rolls don't give us anything we don't potentially have. You could still roll hot, and we still have other ways to gain a lot of re-rolls, so we don't gain anything. Whereas White Scars players know that when they reach the assault doctrine, their damage output is about go up noticeably, Blood Angels know their attack output is going up. We know that, at best, we don't have to roll a dice or two we may have wounded with anyway. 

I really like the Skillful Parry idea. that would rock. Yes, our damage output isn't going up, but our ability to stay in the fight is dramatic. I'm realising more and more that what we do well is move, and survive. We already have a lot of movement buffs, what with our charge re-rolls, advance re-rolls, Devout Push to manoeuvre even in the opponent's turn, but an extra defensive buff away from the characters, that would rock.

I dont need anything extreme different. I want my army work without any characters.

If we had reroll to hit rolls then our dmg-output for hammers, fists and chainfists would rise up 25% - the most powerful weapons for a melee space marine. 

With auto-wound ability (against T3/4) we just have 2.7%.

Thats total stupid. I was soooo disappointed as the Wolves get their +1 to hit as special rule. I always thought this would be the best fit for us as we used to have "accept any challenge, no matter the odds" and the Crimson fists get this rule too and even the name...(despite I like the SW and CF - I was really p....)

I dont want something what need good rolls, I want something what really help everytime... better when its not dependent from a chracter - so we can throw a few of them out of our lists and could have an emperors champion or more chaplains again.

So long as we are wish casting here, I want the super doctrine to be something like an old ability we used to have. Something like Favored Enemy: Everyone or the ability to run forward after taking casualties from ranged fire.

Alternative it would be nice to have some better compensation for our lack of librarians.

Our unique litanies are harder to get off than psychic powers while being equal to or worse than said powers in raw mechanical benefit. We really need a SIGNIFICANT boost to their potency to make them replace psychic, and or all our characters get a deny the witch. We have holes that aren't filled.

And yes, while some people build armies without psychers, it very much depends on the faction. BA get amazing powers, as do RG. Not to mention that any marine faction can take a psychic aura that turns off invulns. That's a strong enough buff on its own, but now it's basically a homing beacon for Eradicators.

Our unique litanies are harder to get off than psychic powers while being equal to or worse than said powers in raw mechanical benefit. We really need a SIGNIFICANT boost to their potency to make them replace psychic, and or all our characters get a deny the witch. We have holes that aren't filled.

And yes, while some people build armies without psychers, it very much depends on the faction. BA get amazing powers, as do RG. Not to mention that any marine faction can take a psychic aura that turns off invulns. That's a strong enough buff on its own, but now it's basically a homing beacon for Eradicators.

I think we need a improvement but not in this case. For sure the Psychic powers could be very great but they can be denied and could turn against you if you roll a double 1 or double 6.  And with our FnP against MoWos and our Stratagem to ignore that i am fully okay with that.

We need a impovement in terms of power, a third ct which let you reroll 1s in close combat for example.

I'm not saying it's an equal replacement. But it's clearly what it was intended for.

Of course, our Mortal Wound FNP is supposed to help counter psychers as well, but it's also pretty useful for explosions.

I am very surprised how strong our ability is in this case while other space marines can loose their whole force by  big explosions there. 

Since there is the Sucessor trait duelist and now the off brand templars also have that trait on their CT, GW might change it for something else for us.

Im curious to know what shape that will take.

Edited by Sete

So long as we are wish casting here, I want the super doctrine to be something like an old ability we used to have. Something like Favored Enemy: Everyone or the ability to run forward after taking casualties from ranged fire.

Alternative it would be nice to have some better compensation for our lack of librarians.

Ooh yes we take casualties now we ara angry and run towards you rule.

That really rocked and had weaknesses like charging towards that scary deff dread.

That would be flavour and lots of fun