Defenders of Humanity - Need further clarification

Glute

So I don't understand why the Defenders of Humanity limits Leman Russ having this for Spearhead and not Patrol detachments.   Troops get Objective Secured.

For a Spearhead you could have 4-8 Leman Russ tanks (2 HQ, 6 Heavy) but those units could have Objective Secured (an additional 8 units that could get Objective secured).

For a Patrol you could have 2 Leman Russ tanks and those 2 units cant have Objective Secure.  The 3 troops could have  objective secured.  So the most you can get is an additional 2 objective secured units for the Leman Russ tank commanders.

What gives with that logic???   Maybe it doesn't really matter with 9th?

I have been playing with a Batallion + Patrol but sometimes I'm thinking I might want to go with a Batallion +Spearhead.

Edited by Glute

I think the point of the Spearhead for Guard is that it's meant to allow you to run a full tank force that would have no them way of getting ObSec otherwise.

Ultimately it was probably just a fluff decision...what other army would possibly run nothing but tanks? None. So give them something that would be a cool little bonus for doing do.

So I don't understand why the Defenders of Humanity limits Leman Russ having this for Spearhead and not Patrol detachments.   Troops get Objective Secured.

For a Spearhead you could have 4-8 Leman Russ tanks (2 HQ, 6 Heavy) but those units could have Objective Secured (an additional 8 units that could get Objective secured).

For a Patrol you could have 2 Leman Russ tanks and those 2 units cant have Objective Secure.  The 3 troops could have  objective secured.  So the most you can get is an additional 2 objective secured units for the Leman Russ tank commanders.

What gives with that logic???   Maybe it doesn't really matter with 9th?

I have been playing with a Batallion + Patrol but sometimes I'm thinking I might want to go with a Batallion +Spearhead.

It's mostly fluff based. If you put them in a Spearhead, they're presumed to be acting as the backbone of an Armored company. If they're in another detachment, the Leman Russes are assumed to be seconded to an Infantry/Mechanized/Artillery/whatever company, and thus are performing in a supporting role.