Iron Within; Emperor without + Minotaurs Chapter

Angry Banana

I'd been wracking my head as to what chapter to adopt for my loyalist forces, but none really stood out.

That is until I read Fall of Oprheus, the picture of Asterion Molloch pretty much sold the chapter to me there and then in all it's spartans in space awesomeness.

In reading some heresy stuff it dawned on me that they had so many similarities to the iron warriors.

(The  acute paranoia, the throwing troops at things till the bodies piled high, the crashing a strike cruiser into the enemy ship because why wouldn't you, the smashing through a grey knight ship because it was in the way, the near eradication of the lamenters, well - because reasons!)

I got to thinking that perhaps they were what's left of the loyalist iron warriors... and if they weren't, my boys certainly will be! - Asterion himself lives in a maze in the heart of his strike cruiser and is paranoid beyond belief.. and they just love a bit of seige craft and heavy artillery - just like his primarch.. ahem.

I'm hoping that Forgeworld revisit this chapter and do it justice, and I know that the way they're going it's a bit of a long shot. 

My primaris boys will be Minotaurs, and where vehicles are concerned, if it doesn't hover, I ain't gonna bother.

Here's my first attempt at a colour combination.  I'm not happy with the energy shield or sword but it was a first attempt.

I've decided that these guys are going to be more the heavier side of life - and full of plasma silliness.

Captain Mallakka

50478692468_e1ede5d4aa_b.jpg

50479561952_7227e4c432_b.jpg

50479562347_e0556ef70f_b.jpg

50479412271_902bb0fbe8_b.jpg

Typical - just as I get interested in them, FW decided that they were bored of them and took the transfer sheet and terminator shoulder pads out of  production.  Freehand shoulder pad it is then..

50479788261_99912580b9_b.jpg

IRON WITHIN

EMPEROR WITHOUT

Lovely patina bronze there, very interesting.

Also, if you're wanting Minotaurs pads: PopGOESTheMonkey sells them, or at least some.

You've just made me a very happy and moderately poorer man  :biggrin.:

You're welcome? :lol:

Also: While Pop has the Terminator pads, our own Ezr91aeL's The Reliquary has the normal pads. In Normal, Phobos and Gravis patterns :yes:

I like it! I think the energy sword you pulled off a little better than the shield. But creative, and he looks like a bad@#$!

Thanks and I totally agree about the shield. :)

I used some wire from a cable I took apart.  I think next time finer cable and less of it, and it'll be just right.

It really was a case of less is more, and on this first attempt I jut did.. more.

Lovely patina bronze there, very interesting.

Also, if you're wanting Minotaurs pads: PopGOESTheMonkey sells them, or at least some.

You've just made me a very happy and moderately poorer man  :biggrin.:

You're welcome? :laugh.:

Also: While Pop has the Terminator pads, our own Ezr91aeL's The Reliquary has the normal pads. In Normal, Phobos and Gravis patterns :yes:

amazeballs!

Great, I'll happily put money in the pockets of one of our own, and the gravis pads are what I'm after - I loaded up on regular pads before FW pulled them.

I'm going to order the redemptor's party dress as well and that can get cracking as well now.