An inevitable "whens the new roster files coming out" thread

Jings

Have we heard any news on the new SM and Crons dexes updates coming out? Normally the Roster Lads are pretty ricky tick with the release and with my area in a circuit breaker lockdown it's not like I'm gonna be getting any games in soon. Wondering if anyone's heard news on progress and a rough ETA?

Hate to be impolite, but when they're done - check the Battlescribe reddit for updates but it's all volunteers doing it so it'll be done when it's done. GW not selling ebook copies of codexes now has also slowed down the process

Hate to be impolite, but when they're done - check the Battlescribe reddit for updates but it's all volunteers doing it so it'll be done when it's done. GW not selling ebook copies of codexes now has also slowed down the process

Don't get me wrong, this is more hype than impatience. Been checking the sub every other day haha.

I have the SM codex on the warhammer app, and I can't figure out how to make it display some options, Like, say, battle honors or crusade relics. I'm hoping Battlescribe actually adds that stuff so I can do my Crusade roster there. Sort of annoying that the new digital option doesn't even have all of the content.

Give the BattleScribe guys time. This is the most exhaustive and diverse Codex both Space Marines and Necrons have seen after all. I'm sure they'd rather get it right than muff it up (yes I'm glaring at you Warhammer 40K app!) than face backlash.

BCC

Edited by battle captain corpus

Is the GW app really that bad?

Yes. There are several parts to do with signing in and putting in the code that were flat out impossible for me to do as a blind person, even with the digital version of the code texted to me by a friend. And even after sorting that out, I've found that not all the information is available on the app. It isn't like an actual digital version of the codex you can navigate, it's a bunch of slot in categories badly laid out that don't include all of the information in the book. 

For example, I bought the SM codex, had a friend help me sort out the code, and the app doesn't include any of the Crusade info. It also must be hiding some of the other core rules, and all of the warlord traits ETC are kind of mixed together willy nilly. 

Obviously there is no section for the fluff either, it's Just a reference guide, and even then a poorly designed one. Battlescribe has all of this information in their app and its free and better designed. 

And the most frustrating part of all is, this is my only option through gW. I can get this or nothing.

Sigmar's app is better, their data sheets are free, AND they still sell digital codecies. I wish my buddies would switch over to that game. 40K is really cramping my style.

Edited by Marshal Valkenhayn

Maybe the should get the app .

Some of us prefer to do this kind of thing on a PC. :smile.:

Back in my day we had to chisel our armylists into stone... 

:laugh.:  I guess I shouldn't admit to also doing them by hand on paper occasionally..? :blush.:

(in all seriousness, I find phones and smaller tablets generally awkward and far too small for doing this kind of thing - I much prefer having a nice big screen where I can see everything in the list, but I know not everyone feels the same way, and life would be boring if they did ... :smile.:)

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

:laugh.:  I guess I shouldn't admit to also doing them by hand on paper occasionally..? :blush.:

(in all seriousness, I find phones and smaller tablets generally awkward and far too small for doing this kind of thing - I much prefer having a nice big screen where I can see everything in the list, but I know not everyone feels the same way, and life would be boring if they did ... :smile.:)

I prefer doing armylists with pen and paper, but I have not bought a dex since the Crimson Slaughter one so Battlescribe it is for me... Agree with you on the phone/tablet issue, having a smashed screen on my phone doesnt exactly help either...