Time to replace Captain Smash with Captain Swash?

Karhedron

*So....do we Master-Craft a single one or a pair? It says in the points section under Captain that "It is the same points cost to take a single lightning claw or a pair of lightning claws on this model."

Based on the corresponding relic for Wolves, it looks like Master Crafting affects both. I wonder if we will get the +1S as well as the +1D?

QDY3mbAsJDXxpwB9-500x451.jpg

We most likely won’t. The relics printed in our index will most likely stay, as will the data sheets.

Right now, I’m hoping for some new warlord traits so we have more options other than Artisans and Gift of Foresight. Not that I mind the two at all, but I’d like to have some variety for certain builds that don’t feel like punishing yourself.

My captain build right now is:

Captain

JP

Relic blade

Inferno pistol (damn you, index...*angrily shakes fist* )

Either MC weapon, icon of the angel or armour Indomitus

Depending on access to WLT: artisans or Imperiums sword.

Honourable mention. Chapter champion with jump pack, relic relic blade and Imperiums sword warlord trait for 7 S8 -3 AP 3D attacks that hit on 2‘s and get re-rolls against characters.

Very cool build! Imo main issue is HQ slots and with the need having a small firebase my captain ends up being in a support role early and midgame often. I'm partial to the bike (heresy!) for larger aura and synergi with stormshield.