Trying out Crusade in 9th with my successors

Berzul

Hey everyone!

So, my gaming group has started a campaign we will be playing for a yet-to-be-determined amount of time and number of rounds.

We are combining some of the Urban Conquest rules, with the Crusade system, and trying to keep records of everything we play and do.

We have had 2 fights so far. Both of them including my army. I have started a thread in the Liber Victorum board, to record the battle reports for the battles, as the campaign moves along.

Since the first battles have been ones where my army has participated, I thought I might share the link to the thread here. In case anyone here would like to go read a few lines and see a few pictures, of my successors fighting some White Scars (and, once I post it, some Death Guard) in a ruined imperial city.

Cheers!

Hey guys! We just finished round one of the campaign, and results are at the thread already linked.

In case you want to check it out, or even just read about my Dark Angels Successors against the Primaris White Scars on their rematch, you can do so here.

Thanks, @jbaeza94

I really, REALLY need to win my next match, or the White Scars in particular, and out of all 4 factions at play, will become nigh unstoppable on the map. So, here is to hoping I can do the Lion proud, once the day for the upcoming battles is set.

Well, that round went... Weird.

I posted the report on my fight with the White Scars, which went horrible. Sadly.

Once I get to the third report, which is the final battle of the round, well... The results will be strange, and fun.

Hey guys!

Second round of the campaign is done, and overall my Successors have done fairly well, all things considered.

I am seriously seeing the value of Primaris with this campaign. I know it is a very peculiar set of circumstances, but as a sort of crash course into the new edition, the new 2W firstborn, and the power difference with Primaris in this new codex, it is a bit of an eye opener.