We can't use FW anymore.

Zombs

Well, the new Imperial armour update Just went out 2 days ago.

Apparently DG and TS can't use any FW models since they cannot take our legion keyword. We only have access to the greater blight drone.

GW strikes ones again. No dreadnoughts, no drill, no nothing. Hope they FAQ this.

Opinions?

This is what happens when you do separate codexes instead of a main Codex and supplements

As DA player i always argued why we didn't had centurions or Stormravens and i had to wait until 9th edition to get units codex chapters had since 5/6th efition

When GW will Be wise enough they will do the same treatment for CSM too and DG/TS will get more toys

Until then we must accept to be the last in line of the legions

As far as forge world that makes sense, but death guard has 15 units unique to them that the vanilla chaos marines can't take. It's only fair vanilla marines have stuff DG can't take. I rather have separate codexes. They really just butchered forge world wording. Not sure it's that hard to replace any <heretic astartes> forge world units <legion> keyword with any legion (vanilla, TS and DG). Super easy. Just make sure it can take the appropriate mark. If the unit has to have mark of khorne, then DG and TS can't take it. They dropped the ball and over complicated it all.
DA had about 20 unique datasheets that vanilla marines can not have

You can roll DG and TS into CSM and make supplements for them and justify the T5 units making the +1T as legion special rule

GW always seme to follow the hardest path and the results are ugly codexes like 8th edition DG (that is terrible in terms on balance and consistency of rules writing)

It's annoying to have unit options taken away, but on the plus side it will lead to more unique factions in the long run. Death Guard and Thousand Sons can be very different from the more generic Chaos Marines. Edited by Ishagu

Alright everyone.. time to end the whining and bemoaning.. We all knew they we're going to do this. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/TG5TwX0VYl8BM5pK.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3GHZRrouUqpN7SKoyZ2zGpn0I6PTHQeU-1hVwHfI2UpwAcXSbVVBpVzLI

Glad this is now official that we can use FW units again. Hopefully Battlescribe will update accordingly.

Well, the new Imperial armour update Just went out 2 days ago.

Apparently DG and TS can't use any FW models since they cannot take our legion keyword. We only have access to the greater blight drone.

GW strikes ones again. No dreadnoughts, no drill, no nothing. Hope they FAQ this.

Opinions?

This is what happens when you do separate codexes instead of a main Codex and supplements

As DA player i always argued why we didn't had centurions or Stormravens and i had to wait until 9th edition to get units codex chapters had since 5/6th efition

When GW will Be wise enough they will do the same treatment for CSM too and DG/TS will get more toys

Until then we must accept to be the last in line of the legions

As far as forge world that makes sense, but death guard has 15 units unique to them that the vanilla chaos marines can't take. It's only fair vanilla marines have stuff DG can't take. I rather have separate codexes. They really just butchered forge world wording. Not sure it's that hard to replace any <heretic astartes> forge world units <legion> keyword with any legion (vanilla, TS and DG). Super easy. Just make sure it can take the appropriate mark. If the unit has to have mark of khorne, then DG and TS can't take it. They dropped the ball and over complicated it all.
I would argue that the 15 unique units you mention is more like 6 or 7 because the HQ options mostly are DG versions of CSM. Drones, haulers, crawlers, pox walkers, blight spawns and blightlord Terms would be the only potentially useful options for CSM Edited by Debauchery101

It's annoying to have unit options taken away, but on the plus side it will lead to more unique factions in the long run. Death Guard and Thousand Sons can be very different from the more generic Chaos Marines.

Yes different is good theorically

Pity that in GW mind different can only mean so OP to be broken or so crappy to be unplayable :P

Now just to see if FW stuff will actually be affected by the contagion rules as well as DR as dont Contemptors have a -1D rule already? If so that will stack with DR so have -2 on everything which will be amazing, having to use a cp just to have one isn't so bad then Edited by Plaguecaster

Now just to see if FW stuff will actually be affected by the contagion rules as well as DR as dont Contemptors have a -1D rule already? If so that will stack with DR so have -2 on everything which will be amazing, having to use a cp just to have one isn't so bad then

I believe the greater blight drone has the Contagion rule as well as nurgles rot....

Now just to see if FW stuff will actually be affected by the contagion rules as well as DR as dont Contemptors have a -1D rule already? If so that will stack with DR so have -2 on everything which will be amazing, having to use a cp just to have one isn't so bad then

I believe the greater blight drone has the Contagion rule as well as nurgles rot....

It has neither.

It has neither.

It has neither.

Yeah, it has the "Nurgle's Gift" aura instead, just like the current Lord of Contagion.

It has neither.

It has neither.

Yeah, it has the "Nurgle's Gift" aura instead, just like the current Lord of Contagion.
It has the RELENTLESS HATRED which is the traitors DUTY ETERNAL.

There are 2 entries for Greater Bloat Drone.

One for heretic astartes and one specifically for death guard.

The DG version specifically discribes the weapons as being plague weapons so that (I'm assuming) it can be enhanced by auras/ abilities that boost plague weapons specifically.

Seahawk - just double checked and you are absolutely right, i must have been seeing what I wanted to see