What’s the vibe of 9th edition Dark Angels?

Reskin

Looking to potentially start a new army. I like the look and feel of the deathwng.

What’s the overarching vibe coming from the Space marine codex and what’s the general consensus about where dark angels rank after the release? Inner circle looks like fantastic rule.

Provided Deathwing being wounded only on a 4+ doesn't change in the dex?

This is us now when it comes to Terminators and Bikes. Edited by Volt

Being able to play any pure wing and have a shot at winning is The most fun I've had in 40k yet. It's also funny because we're back to 4++ invuls again, but I'm happy about it this time.

At the moment, everything is viable. Have fun and enjoy it while it lasts.

Edited by farfromsam

I hope we get some nice upgrade sprues with robes to make Veteran Intercessors.

Also, that we don't lose MUCH of our improvements that we got in the temporary supplement.

Dark angels placed 3rd in some fall tournament over in the states, it was on spiky bitz. Theres a thread that was shared in the GK subforum about it. I looked at their list and it looks fun. And seemed competitive. I look at the deathwing and they look a lot more survivable them my GK's. The raven wing look very mobile too, so that's interesting.

You can always get the Kromlech Prime legionnaires with robes or tabards for Vet Ints. 

I'm pretty confident we won't see much of a change to the DA codex. The Index rules are clearly based on the Codex, and chances are they won't be much different when it's released seeing as it's more than likely already being printed. 

I'm hoping we just get a -1 to wound on Terminators instead of the 4/5/6. Would make heavy weapons less effective without completely gutting them, and provide additional protection against small-arms fire which to me would be closer to representing tough termies than tanking Titan shots. 

You can always get the Kromlech Prime legionnaires with robes or tabards for Vet Ints. 

I'm pretty confident we won't see much of a change to the DA codex. The Index rules are clearly based on the Codex, and chances are they won't be much different when it's released seeing as it's more than likely already being printed. 

I'm hoping we just get a -1 to wound on Terminators instead of the 4/5/6. Would make heavy weapons less effective without completely gutting them, and provide additional protection against small-arms fire which to me would be closer to representing tough termies than tanking Titan shots. 

I think Terminators are pretty damn resistant to small arms now with 3W and a 2+ save!

Not to mention Stormshields giving effectively a 1+/4++ save, meaning you need at least AP-3 to start reducing that while they're in cover!

Yeah, the fact you get storm shields on your termies and transhuman, makes them look so resilient. How are Deathwing for mobility? Do you have psychic powers that allow movement?

How do you move your termies?

Tanking titan shots is perfectly normal considering that in Epic Termiantors are among the few units that actually got saves against macro weapons, something that not even vehicles commonly had. As for the small arms fire

I think Terminators are pretty damn resistant to small arms now with 3W and a 2+ save!

Not to mention Stormshields giving effectively a 1+/4++ save, meaning you need at least AP-3 to start reducing that while they're in cover!

2+ does nothing to actually help deal against small arms fire, as spamming crummy AP is actually one of the best way to take down elites period. In this regard a -1 to strength of enemy weapons would do a lot more to help.

I guess we Will not get any new miniature (or we will get just the primarised Asmodai according to rumors) considering that SW and DW get none and probably BA too (the video teaser for new miniatures showed no Astartes)

I don't think they will nerf Inner Circle rule cause when indexes were published the supplements were already written so i guess that until a FAQ all remains the same as in index
The only thing i hope is that the RW and DW keyword you put on some C:SM units will give also Jink and Inner Circle rule to those units
And i hope we can get a Teleportarium stratagem to give Teleport Strike to Bladeguard
And OFC the possibility to make dreads, LR, repulsor and Company Masters DW too (and access to Teleport Strike to dreads too)

Edited by Master Sheol

Tanking titan shots is perfectly normal considering that in Epic Termiantors are among the few units that actually got saves against macro weapons, something that not even vehicles commonly had. As for the small arms fire

2+ does nothing to actually help deal against small arms fire, as spamming crummy AP is actually one of the best way to take down elites period. In this regard a -1 to strength of enemy weapons would do a lot more to help.

But 3W does help with that. Statistically you only lose a terminator per 18 2+ save rolls.

And in the context of Deathwing, that means the opponent would need to land at least 36 hits to average out that number of wounds.

Those are fair points, and maybe even -1 to weapon strength would do the trick. I just can't see Trans Hum sticking around for Inner Circle without some sort of nerf tbh so I'm thinking of possible alternatives. Effectively capping wound rolls to 3+s over 4+s.

3 wounds have done a lot to help against small arms don't get me wrong, but Inner Circle provides an additional layer of protection over that which becomes a little nuts with the DW Banner Relic and/or a Chief Apoth.

Current vibe to me is that we are the hard-to-shift space marines. Inner circle, jink, and the CT push for a more defensive playstyle. Hit up all the objectives and stay there.

Lists will probably see bike chaplain, bike chief apothecaries, some deathwing terminators or knights, and then supporting elements to taste.

Or you can be like me and run 30 terminators and refuse to die.

Yeah the missing part is the apothecary, making terminators almost as good vs small arms as 2nd edition.

3W and getting wounds back is so good.  We can have multiple DW apothecaries too now but that may not be worth it.

How do you move your termies?

I use Land Raiders.  They took a huge hit in 8th so they aren't the obvious answer they were in 6-7th but they are not terrible now, even with the loss of rerolls.

loving this speculation...! 

I am sitting atm on 6bladeguard, 6 outriders, all other Indomitus minis and am awaiting the next start collecting to see what to buy! Very tempted to get a BA one and sell off the pauldrons and the infiltrators...

Loving the idea of a DA Dread plus Hellblasters plus intercessors with Zach or maybe a chaplain...

• 2 weeks later...