Thoughts on the FW changes?

I don’t understand marshal legacy, like it might make sense if the rules for the units were all really good and OP and as a tax to take said OP unit. But now the rules are written by GW and are “balanced” why are we being taxed for models we want to take?

I don’t understand marshal legacy, like it might make sense if the rules for the units were all really good and OP and as a tax to take said OP unit. But now the rules are written by GW and are “balanced” why are we being taxed for models we want to take?

Because one of the lead GW rule writers got upset seeing Forge World units in tournaments (check the News thread about the book, it's mentioned there). So they're incentivizing people to not take them by making them cost command points.

Edited by Gederas

Because one of the lead GW rule writers got upset seeing Forge World units in tournaments (check the News thread about the book, it's mentioned there). So they're incentivizing people to not take them by making them cost command points.

That seems incredibly petty and just.. why?

Like in the case of chaos marines it was because most of our fire support options in the codex are so bad we needed them FW stuff.

Can't say I'm to happy with the changes, esp to the contemptor. 

The loss of the butcher cannon is quite annoying. I recently kitbashed one from the autocannon form the indictor war suit.

The changes to the c-beam canon are interesting. d3 shots is quite appealing and the constant damage is very nice.

I'd also like to point out that it's lost it's move and can't shot ability, which may or may not be a mistake but in the meantime running chainfist and c-beam is my go to for the moment. 

Can't say I'm to happy with the changes, esp to the contemptor. 

The loss of the butcher cannon is quite annoying. I recently kitbashed one from the autocannon form the indictor war suit.

The changes to the c-beam canon are interesting. d3 shots is quite appealing and the constant damage is very nice.

I'd also like to point out that it's lost it's move and can't shot ability, which may or may not be a mistake but in the meantime running chainfist and c-beam is my go to for the moment. 

The fact that the autocannon, arguably the closest to butcher cannons is now ridiculously overcosted doesn't help either.

Thinking Volkite armed contemptors could be a thing, as 16 S6 D 2 shots with mortal wounds on 6's to wound would be nasty, even if they have no ap.

With twin heavy plasma cannons being the base weapon and so I guess baked in cost I think that could be a good contender, 2D3 S7 AP-3 D2 base, overcharge for S8 D3, could be good against all the heavy SM infantry around.