Chief Librarian Dreadnought

CCE1981

The only real issue with this is the Rlics rule which forbids vehicles from taking relics, even vehicle only ones.

RAW the Libdread cannot take the sarcophagus - discuss with your group first. The Dark Angels VEHICLE relic just got FAQ'd so it can be used.

I’m not going to lie, I would now like to see a PA marine with their body replaced with the sarcophagus

Used this guy last night and 12" range Null Zone is money. I just shut down a Smash capt and unit of TH Assault terms. Taking the +1 to cast trait was pretty crucial to making them more reliable to cast.

Did I also read it wrong and NZ affects your own invuns? I guess this frees me to take something other than psychic fortress.

Edited by Xenith

So the Blood Angels Supplement preview prompted me to look again at the Blood Angels Supplementary Document, and I found some more interesting interactions in it. 

For one, Sanguinary Priests have the Apothecary key word, making them eligible to be upgraded to the Master Apothecary.  Running him with Vanguard Vets, or Sanguinary Guard you grant them a 6++.  You can also heal them and revive one.  Plus you can give him, oh I don't know...The Teeth of Terra, making him pretty good in combat, add a second Warlord trait, and grant him Artisan of War and he now can also take Artificer armor for a 2+ save.

Sanguinary Ancient, so he can't be the Chapter Ancient .  Encarmine Swords and Axes are effectively Master-Crafted Power Sword and Axe...without the Master-Crafted keyword, but I think giving him the Icon of the Angel Relic, he is now a combined Chapter Ancient AND Chapter Champion. 

Talking Sanguinary units lets move on to Sanguinary Guard and the Ancient. Look at the changes to Heirs of Askaelon, +1 to hit when within 6" of A Blood Angels Warlord.  Uhmmm, wow, any Warlord.  So that Sanguinary Ancient that you want to give a Warlord trait to procs that, and of course give him the Icon of Angel and he effect.  With the ability to give another Core unit  a +1 to hit on top of that, wow nice, your Sanguinary Guard, Ancient, and Sanguinary Priest can do their thing on their own.  Sure you can buff this even further for some incredible killing potential.  

So the Blood Angels Supplement preview prompted me to look again at the Blood Angels Supplementary Document, and I found some more interesting interactions in it. 

There's a lot to trawl through, but this thread covers all of the BA rules and tactics in 9th so far, while the current thread is more about the Chief Librarian Dread specifically.

Thank you BrotherAetherick!

Yeah, the Sarcophagus is gone, but Chief Librarian Dreadnought is still available!!!

Not only that, but he has the ability to cast all three powers he has available to him PLUS he can still, until FAQd, take ghe Chief librarian relic!

Edited by CCE1981

Biomantic sarcophagus is gone in the new book :sad.:. Wings/Quickening is heavily gutted.

Where did you hear that?

https://imgur.com/ga...W9hEkcva3bUQftk
thanks for the link

They did tone down some of these psychic abilities. I think they needed some adjustment. At least the reroll to charge is still available to stack onto wings. The potential 15 inch flying charge was amazing. But it was definitely more powerful for what you paid for. Turn 1 Spiderman Dreadnought strikes are really fun though

I do like the extended range for the shield buff. 18 inches is a huge area.

They also boosted blood Boil from 6 to 18 inches and Lance from 12 to 18 inches. Thats maybe not the trade off people want but GW has done worse. I used blood boil a lot in 8th and I even modeled it onto one of my Librarian Dreads...well my imagining of it

Y9W7Bex.jpg

Edited by Debauchery101

Unfortunately, Librarian Dreads (or any vehicles, for that matter) are specifically prohibited from taking any of the Relics in Codex: Space Marines (see wording at top of page 108).

That said, you could do the same thing with a JP Librarian with Tome of Malcador... i.e. move 12" +  D6" Advance, cast Null Zone and Wings of Sanguinius, then move another 12" for a total of 25-30" move and another 6" range for Null Zone on top of that. 

Edited by L30n1d4s