Repent! Repent!

CCE1981

Fear Me!!!!

Successor Chapter - Fearsome Aspect, #######

Interrogator Chaplain - Warlord Trait: Fear Made Manifest - Relic: Teeth of Terra - Litany: Mantra of Strength

He charges for 8x Str6 AP-2 D3 attacks hitting on 2’s, causes -2 leadership, and cause Combat Attrition tests at -2!

Slam Chappy

Master-Crafted Thunderhammer , Mantra of Strength, Emperor’s Champion - 6x Str10 AP-2 D5 attacks!

Burning Blade Justice!

Burning Blade, Mantra of Strength, The Imperium’s Sword - 6x Str8 AP-5 D3 attacks hitting on 2s!

Lightning Fingers

Master-Crafted Lightning Claw, Mantra of Strength, The Imperium’s Sword - 8x Str6, AP-2, D3 attacks re-rolling wounds.

Just some musings, thoughts?

Edited by CCE1981

Unfortunately the Terminator Interrogator Chaplains doesn't have access to the Melee Weapons list.  All you can give him is a combi-weapon.  

You can give the Interrogator Chaplain a Jump Pack to Deep Strike in.  

Also a Dark Angel or direct Successor would mean that you Interrogator Chaplain can't be harmed on a 3 or less.

Well not completely, Chaplains now have a stratagem that let's them automatically cast a Litany at the start of any phase.

Yeah, that entirely changes how TDA ICs work in lists. I had never brought one before, for this very issue, but now I am looking forward to bringing them to bear.

I am now playing with the idea of using a TDA IC and a group of Knights, with bikes as a delivery system.

1) Take a TDA IC with the Sword of the Imperium warlord trait

2) Take a number of DW Knights

3) Take some RW bikes

4) Bring the bikes close, and use Combined Assault to drop the TDA IC outside of 6" of the enemy

5) Drop the Knights outside of 9" of the enemy

6) At the Charge Phase, spend 2 CP and recite Canticle of Hate so that the Knights now only have to make a 7" charge, instead of a 9" charge

7) Charge in, with the Knights at 7", using a potential Command Re-roll if you fail (odds should be in your favor)

8) Charge in, with the TDA IC at 6", with his own built in re-roll, due to Sword of the Imperium

9) Destroy everything

Remember that the Chaplain Canticle to add 2” to your charge doesn’t stack with anything.

No need. You are not stacking it.

You deepstrike outside of 6" with the IC with Combined Assault, and outside of 9" with the Knights with a regular Deepstrike.

You roll a 6" charge with re-rolls for the IC due to the distance and the Warlord Trait.

You roll a 7" charge with a command re-roll for the Knights, due to the distance, Canticle of Hate, and the Command Re-roll

You are not adding any bonuses to the charge range that could stack, or not stack, with Canticle of Hate.

Edited by Berzul

Yeah, it is situational. There could be scenarios when this is advisable, and ones where this is not advisable.

But, even if you switch it up, consider that you can get your Knights into a 4" charge (by dropping them up front outside of 6" and getting off the Canticle of Hate), while still having a 9" re-rolleable charge due to the warlord trait on the Chaplain.

You are almost guaranteed the charge for the knights, with 4" and a command re-roll, and you have around a 50% chance of getting the 9" charge with the IC. Thats not that bad at all.

Just wanted to say here, I’m liking these ideas. Mind if I ask for some Terminator-armored characters, for my pure Deathwing lists?

You can try Benediction of Fury: Replaces a Crozius Arcanum. S+2 AP-2 D3, unmodified wound rolls of 6 do a mortal wound in addition to other damage.