Cheap units for secondaries.

momerathe

Scouts do have a separate rule. They have the Outflank ability which is similar to Strategic Reserves, but not limited to specific board edges.

This gives Scouts an edge over simply plonking a regular unit in Tactical Reserve.

I don't have the codex in front of me to double check scouts. I haven't even read it in the new codex. But all the other units like reivers all have a page reference to the 'outflank' which i believe is restricted. Ive seen people play the scouts and other units like that. Maybe there's a faq or they are missing that particular RAW exception the scouts have

Scouts do have a separate rule. They have the Outflank ability which is similar to Strategic Reserves, but not limited to specific board edges.

This gives Scouts an edge over simply plonking a regular unit in Tactical Reserve.

I don't have the codex in front of me to double check scouts. I haven't even read it in the new codex. But all the other units like reivers all have a page reference to the 'outflank' which i believe is restricted. Ive seen people play the scouts and other units like that. Maybe there's a faq or they are missing that particular RAW exception the scouts have

No, the Outflank rule is literally a different rule to the tactical reserves rule. It operates differently. Bring them on 6" from any table edge.