Gabriel Seth is the new Smash Captain...

L30n1d4s

...well, or at least something close to it! ;)

Seriously though, looking at his profile in the leaks, on the charge, with Assault Doctrine active (additional -1 AP and extra attack from super Doctrine), using a friendly Chaplain for re-rolls to hit, and a friendly Librarian casting Might of Heroes on him, he has:

8 x S9 AP-3 Dmg3 attacks, all hitting on re-rollable 2+s and gaining +1 to Wound on the charge (Oh, and unmodified 6s to Wound become AP-4)

Just with this alone, he can reliably solo some of the toughest characters/units in the game, but it gets even better. First, for every 5 enemy models within 6" of him, he gains +1A (up to a max of 3 additional attacks), so he can deal with a horde of elite infantry as well (3 Dmg makes Gravis Armour, Terminators, Mega Mobz, etc. cry). Additionally, if necessary he can use a Flesh Tearers unique Strat to add +3" to his Pile in and Consolidation moves (so 6" total), allowing him to get deeper into enemy lines or even consolidate into another enemy unit. 

Finally, most importantly, he gets the Khorne Berzerker ability to fight again at the end of the Fight phase if he is still in engagement range of any enemy units.... so, that means that, as long as he lives to the end of the Fight phase, he gets ANOTHER 8 x S9 AP-3 Dmg3 attacks!

If you pair him up with a tough character like an Iron Resolve Primaris Biker Chaplain with the Armour indomitous, the Chaplain can use the amazing new Strat "Angel's Sacrifice" to force the enemy unit to direct all its attacks at him (and his T5 9W 2+/3++/6+++, Transhuman Physiology eligible profile) for a turn, thus keeping Seth alive until he can fight again (and almost certainly finish off whatever they were attacking to begin with).

The only hang-up I see with Seth is his delivery mechanism, since he lacks a Bike or Jump Pack, but since he can ride in any firstborn transport, Rhinos, Razorbacks, Drop Pods, or even Stormravens/Land Raiders, are all viable methods to get him up the field and stuck in as soon as possible. Alternately, you can use Strategic Reserves to bring him in from a flank and, if you get the charge off, wreak havoc in the enemy DZ from turn 2 onwards.

I'm on my surface and it works fine. Either open image in new tab, click to enlarge, or pinch and zoom.

One of the benefits of the smash capt was the jump pack, so I dont really see him as being a replacement. Likewise he's still pretty squishy. He'll be great for holding the centre, but firing him off to go knight hunting alone, I dont think will work. 

I think he is a mean, mean beat-stick. I think him jumping out of a land raider redeemer with another support character and a squad of 10 vanguard veterans with mix of favourite weapons (I'd go lightning claw + chain swords for fluff), or 10 company veterans with combi-meltas and chain swords would be groovy.

I think the idea of a bunch of angry murder vampires jumping out of a flame-throwing wielding monster tanks that screams 'go ahead and charge me for I can auto-hit with my flamers with overwatch' is hilarious. :D