Dante's duty...what is it?

They have killed characters off before, considering all the lore with the vision of the lone golden warrior. I truly believe that Dante will heroically sacrifice himself.

Either that or the vision is just a massive red herring.

But the vision is sort of a North Star. He believes that he may be the golden warrior in the vision, which means—especially after the 1:1 vs the Swarmlord—he is on the lookout for a sign. If he is the golden warrior that needs to lay down his life to defend the Emperor in those final moments then he has to keep going until that moment arrives. That’s his burden; to know that no matter how tired he gets and how easy it would be to go all Light Brigade, he has to keep on. That’s the tragedy and the beauty of his arc. Edited by Indefragable

His armour will probably be very similar when they upgrade the model, Mephiston us basicly identical more or less.

Dante reminds me alot of Logan, the outliving everyone around him, lonely warrior seeing endless war but nothing really changes. Just fight for tomorrow so you can do it again

They have killed characters off before, considering all the lore with the vision of the lone golden warrior. I truly believe that Dante will heroically sacrifice himself.

I agree with you, Dante will be mortally wounded in a great sacrifice, and that is when he will cross the Rubicon primaris. It will have to be done in order to save his life, and it will be epic.

I agree with you, Dante will be mortally wounded in a great sacrifice, and that is when he will cross the Rubicon primaris. It will have to be done in order to save his life, and it will be epic.

You'd think the results of Devastation of Baal would have been that, but I guess not. I supposed the old man's had his fair share of "I'm not dead yet!" moments. 

You'd think the results of Devastation of Baal would have been that, but I guess not. I supposed the old man's had his fair share of "I'm not dead yet!" moments. 

I think that is indeed the thing that will necessitate it eventually.

It flat out says the wound isn't healing, the reason he hasn't already gone through the process is because for the Blood Angels, they only just found out it was even possible, and their test subject was Mephiston due to his own dramas.

I would bet money that eventually that wound will be a part of why he goes through the process himself, we already know he wants to cross the Rubicon, it's just his advisors wouldn't let him.

I think that is indeed the thing that will necessitate it eventually.

It flat out says the wound isn't healing, the reason he hasn't already gone through the process is because for the Blood Angels, they only just found out it was even possible, and their test subject was Mephiston due to his own dramas.

I would bet money that eventually that wound will be a part of why he goes through the process himself, we already know he wants to cross the Rubicon, it's just his advisors wouldn't let him.

i don't doubt that he'll cross the rubicon, but it probably won't be for another year or two until another psychic awakening style update is made at earliest.