Dark Angels supplement release may be delayed

Helias_Tancred

Unlikely as it is, but here might be a possibility that both the DA and the DG codex might be released at the same time. They might have moved the DG codex to next year for the additional reason as it coincides with the release of the other two codexes, imo. It would be more efficient that way for the purposes of shipping if the above is true.

Edited by Skywrath

There is only one or two release slots left in 2020, so even a one week delay would be sufficient to push it to 2021.

Not certain it would affect our release by much if at all.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

I was told specifically that there is a very good chance the Dark Angel release will get pushed back like what has happened to the Death Guard codex release. It has to do with Covid delaying the production, delivery, and distribution process. 

Edited by Helias Tancred

As far as I am aware the books are all being printed in China and shipped.

There were problems with availability if the SM codex. It sold out quickly around the world in pre-order and took weeks to restock. There were stories of FLGS only receiving a handful of copies.

I would be suppressed if COVID hadn't slowed production and they may have decided a push back is better that another limited availability release.

As DG has been pushed I would be surprised if DA wasnt also as the same issues apply.

New books are printed in the UK. Codex Space Marines, Necrons and the SW supplement I have are all now printed in the UK and not in China.

To me, this looks like when the shipping for some models was delayed to Australia a while back. The product is already manufactured, but transportation is delayed and Christmas causes it to get punted to next year.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

New books are printed in the UK. Codex Space Marines, Necrons and the SW supplement I have are all now printed in the UK and not in China.

To me, this looks like when the shipping for some models was delayed to Australia a while back. The product is already manufactured, but transportation is delayed and Christmas causes it to get punted to next year.

Blood Angels was printed in China. I suspect they reverted to that supply stream (hence the codex leak) and its bit them in the bum.

I'm not that concerned about a delay.  I don't expect any releases prior to them being announced on the Sunday preview.

But IF we do have a delay, I think it is highly unlikely that delay will actually be caused by Covid.  It is more likely to be caused by paranoia and other hysterical overreactions that have affected everything else this year.  Thank god no one has tried to make this political.  Can you imagine how much worse the hysteria would be if they had?  :facepalm: