Lazarus 5th Co Battalion 2000 pts

Brother Quinn

Hi,  just want to get some feedback on this list idea.  It'll be going up against my friends loosely "meta" based Necrons silver tide list with some Skorpekhs destroyers or tomb blades.

I wanted to pair Lazarus' spirit helm coverage with an Apothecary to try and match Necron endurance in the midfield.

Here's the 2000 pt Battalion List:

HQ - 220 pts

Lazarus 

Primaris Chaplain - Warlord: Master of Sanctity, Rites of War, Litanies: Exhortation of Rage and Canticle of Hate

Troops - 440 pts

5 Assault Intercessors with PF

5 Bolt Rifle Intercessors with GL

10 Auto Bolt Rifle Intercessors with 2 GL and TH

Elites - 815 pts

5 Bladeguard Veterans

5 Bladeguard Veterans

Primaris Apothecary - Chief Apoth, Selfless Healer (Hero of the Chapter), Angel's Ambit Relic

Redemptor Dreadnought - Macro Plasma, Icarus Pod, Onslaught Gatling and Storm bolters

Redemptor Dreadnought - Macro Plasma, Icarus Pod, Onslaught Gatling and Storm bolters

Fast Attack - 285 pts

3 Inceptors - Plasma Exterminators

3 Outriders

Heavy Support - 240 pts

3 Eradicators

3 Eradicators

Edited by Brother Quinn

it's a nice list, if I had to pick on it I'd bring up these points:

1- the Apo would benefit from being on bike

2- you're not using our awesome termies ( whichwould benefit from the bike apo as a secondary delivery method)

I'd do:  lose the 2 BGV squads and a dread, make the Chap an interrogator chaplain in termie armor and give him Benediction of Fury;put in 5 termies and a DW command(for the Chaplain) squad composed by a DW champion ( give him Rites of War with Hero of the Chapter) and 2 termies with TH; add 5 Assualt Intercessors with PF, drop the apo for the RW one.

That way you have a minimum of +9 obsec models ( 5 Assault Intercessors and the DW command squad +Chaplain), potentially every model in the army except the Dreads can be Obsec ( admittedly the dread is a nice unit, losing it is a shame.)

Note: since the Chaplain is your warlord, making him a IC with termie armor gives him inner circle, with the relic crozius, his litanies and a DW Champion ( with his halberd and IC himself) they become a beatstick unit and he gains a lot of resilience.

Edited by Brother Ramael

Okay, thanks for taking a look. You being up some interesting ideas that would be neat to try down the line. I’m still waiting on my limited edition Terminator Chaplin I ordered back in November. I definitely see is the apoth on bike is definitely just leagues better but not sure what to change around for that, will take a look. Despite not having inner circle I think the BGV will be plenty tough for now and keeping to Lazarus’ 5th company theme. Thanks again, and hopefully we can get access to more deathwing terminators soon.