My Lamenters

Gloomfoe

I bought some second hand Lamenters at a mall a few months ago. Got 9 terminators and 20 jump pack dudes for $100. Since then I've painted 17 tactical marines, a sanguinary priest with jump pack, a judiciar, and 5 bladeguard vets.

Ive also kitbashed the one special Lamenters character, Malakim Phoros. I used Lt. Almulius and replaced his sword with an encarmine axe(using the head of one and the handle of the other to extend it and make it look like a glaive)to represent his "glaive of lamentation". I also cut the barrel off a soriritas combi-melta and attached it to the tip of his holstered pistol, to represent his relic inferno pistol "cathecist".

I haven't attempted to do the checkers yet(except on one terminator I bought, not very happy with it). I'm waiting for some heart decals before I do it, so bear with me.

gallery_94155_16834_426350.jpg

gallery_94155_16834_115598.jpg

"/>

Edited by Gloomfoe

Cheers and good luck with your force!
There's never enough Lamenters :biggrin.:

Regarding the pictures - you can upload them here, you just have to do it on a desktop mode, or 'Full Version' on you mobile.
Go to 'My Gallery', and 'Upload'. While doing it for the first time, you might be asked to create an album first.

Then to post pictures in the thread use this formula: gallery_105306_14812_855.jpg

Edited by Majkhel

Nice work in getting the photos on the B&C - The code you need is on that link you posted, just go to the red options button > share links, then copy paste the 'BB Code' here.

The priest looks a little red for a Lamenter - are you painting the new stuff as Blood Angels?

Edited by Xenith

Nice work in getting the photos on the B&C - The code you need is on that link you posted, just go to the red options button > share links, then copy paste the 'BB Code' here.

The priest looks a little red for a Lamenter - are you painting the new stuff as Blood Angels?

No I'm painting them yellow. I just wanted to paint something red, he seemed like a good candidate. I just flipped his scheme from the art, instead of white armor/red robes I gave him red armor/white robes. I'm painting red helms on the vets and blue helms on devastators, some guys get gold helms. I found the blog of the guy who painted my second hand stuff, he painted his death company white, I might also do that

"/>

Nice progress! I like the bare gunmetal look of the meltas.
I see you've already prepared the space for the checkquers as well. 
You might consider adding another a thin layer of yellow over the top-most sections of the armour plates after you wash them. That would make your yellow pop a bit more. 

Keep going! :smile.:

Edited by Majkhel

• 2 weeks later...

"/>

My first checkers. They don't hold up well to close inspection but look cool enough at a distance. The decals I got are not precut and aren't fully opaque, so they are kind of a pain in the ass. The next set should be easier though. Might try putting the decals on first this time, and drawing the checkers around them