New FAQ up

BluejayJunior

still annoyed that DC cant mix and match when they continue to show them mixed and matched.

I dont think they are, are they? The latest FAQ warcom article has 2 units of DC, one with HBP+CS, the other with rifles. 

jZ74oxnMew0PR9Yn.jpg

Edit: But yea, the codex has a picture of a unit illegally armed, as per the codex (the above chainsword unit with model with power sword) Now that unit is legal.

Edited by Xenith

I’m not sure it is legal now... the FAQ fixed the issue that prevented one DC with chainsword taking a different melee weapon but it doesn’t change the wording in the rest of the data sheet that essentially says you take a squad with rifles or a squad with chainswords.

I’d like to mix and match though seeing I have 5 DC with rifles already painted!

To me the only thing I can't help but notice is how much space a Primaris takes in the supposed six marine capacity transport. :facepalm:  A joke of a model, but then again space marine transports have never been of a scale to believably carry quoted cargo limits.

None of the 40k vehicles have ever been to scale, but comparing a striding figure on a base to how that figure would sit squeezed into a row is pretty deceptive.

There's easily enough room in a impulsor for two sitting on each side and two standing. It seems designed for three sitting on each side and no one standing which it clearly isn't in scale for but its only 80% off at most.

Edited by Closet Skeleton

I’m not sure it is legal now... the FAQ fixed the issue that prevented one DC with chainsword taking a different melee weapon but it doesn’t change the wording in the rest of the data sheet that essentially says you take a squad with rifles or a squad with chainswords.

I’d like to mix and match though seeing I have 5 DC with rifles already painted!

It wasn't a bug, it was a feature!

The original codex was for the Indomitus release of the push fit intercessors, where there were no special melee weapons. The FAQ updates the DCI datasheet to the multipart Ass. Int's boxes set which allows for a model to have a melee weapon, and a hand flamer instead of a plasma pistol. 

Re: Fitting marines in a rhino.

So I used to think there was no way 10 marines could fit a rhino until I saw the interior of a Bradley; That tin can was designed to fit 12! fully equipped troops. So I suspect that the current rhino MAY actually fit the compliment but ONLY if everyone was packed like sardines. In other words, the people on the seats are SQUEEZED together, holding their packs on their laps and the rest are pressed up against each other, in a row and right up against the back and side doors. So possible but not comfortable in the least and a fair number of them overriding their main viewers with their favorite Vid :tongue.: .

I don't own the current crop of primaris vehicles but I feel like it's set up more realistic vs. the old rhino but not at all ideally. A rhino equivalent needs to pack 10 primaris and though MSU is a thing, you're spending a fair amount on them which makes trucking only 6 around really inconvenient.

At GW HQ in Nottingham they have a to-scale (roughly) Rhino and it's proportions to we actual living breathing humans is much different to the proportions on the tabletop next to say a Guardsman.  The one at HQ still seems small to fit Astartes in it, but it is at least plausible.

The one on the TT is just a holdover design, me thinks, confined to the restraints of the board size they want it to appear on. 

Re: Fitting marines in a rhino.

So I used to think there was no way 10 marines could fit a rhino until I saw the interior of a Bradley; That tin can was designed to fit 12! fully equipped troops. So I suspect that the current rhino MAY actually fit the compliment but ONLY if everyone was packed like sardines. In other words, the people on the seats are SQUEEZED together, holding their packs on their laps and the rest are pressed up against each other, in a row and right up against the back and side doors. So possible but not comfortable in the least and a fair number of them overriding their main viewers with their favorite Vid :tongue.: .

I don't own the current crop of primaris vehicles but I feel like it's set up more realistic vs. the old rhino but not at all ideally. A rhino equivalent needs to pack 10 primaris and though MSU is a thing, you're spending a fair amount on them which makes trucking only 6 around really inconvenient.

Yeah, I think most people don’t realize how space is deceptive. When it’s not built for comfort you can fit more people than seems realistic.

Lack of comfort and/or personal space, but also just the table size.

If models are to scale, a lasgun or bolter can shoot like what, a hundred feet? (Assuming a marine model is ~2" representing ~8ft dude in armor)

If the models were really built to scale, vehicles would take up an enormous amount of space on the table, to the point that you'd need a much larger table.

Other game systems do the same, bolt action vehicles and infantry arent in the same scale either, its even further apart if I remember correctly, the 1/56 stuff looks absolutely tiny sometimes.

But gameplay and ease of ownership/use are more important than perfect scale.

In regards to Primaris DC, chainswords are probably better than the ABR now, as giving up 10 bolter shots to give 6 (7 with Savage Echoes) attacks per dude -1 AP is probably worth, especially since you'll probably advance and they'll be hitting on 4s.

But it also depends on what they're fighting

Vs marines or anything with a decent save, chainswords, but vs a 6+ armor save horde, the extra bullets are probably better.

So I used to think there was no way 10 marines could fit a rhino until I saw the interior of a Bradley; That tin can was designed to fit 12! fully equipped troops. So I suspect that the current rhino MAY actually fit the compliment but ONLY if everyone was packed like sardines. In other words, the people on the seats are SQUEEZED together, holding their packs on their laps and the rest are pressed up against each other, in a row and right up against the back and side doors. So possible but not comfortable in the least and a fair number of them overriding their main viewers with their favorite Vid :tongue.: .

We fit 19 in a hot tub once. Marines'll fit into a rhino no problem. They main thing is that they have to remove their bases first.