WIP The Warblades Chapter

MoK

Comparisons with the pre-heresy World Eaters Legion are inevitable. The scheme is basic enough that Successors using schemes similar to the traitor legions seems likely, though, so don't let anyone try to dissuade you from keeping that scheme.

Does your Chapter indicate company affiliation? Most Chapters utilize some variation of the Codex Astartes company heraldry, typically the company color on the shoulder pad rims or elsewhere. Some use alternate heraldries, such as the Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Black Templars, Space Wolves, and Salamanders. Some Chapters don't show company heraldry at all, such as the Howling Griffons and Crimson Fists.

You have a good start to a nice Adeptus Astartes army there. I look forward to seeing more miniatures here (and we'd love to hear more about the Chapter down in the Liber Astartes forum).

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks both of you. Tyler, I wasn't going to do company or squad markings, showing that there is a fluidity to the chapter in their organisation. The War Blades are supposed to be a War Hunds legion successor, one of Cawls experiments  that Gulliman told him to stop doing. The colour scheme is Cawls two fingers up at Guliiman. Te War Blades don't know of cause, but their prefernce for H2H is a throw back from their origins.

Bjorn, I'll have a look at that, it was my first idea. 

Again guys, thanks for the input.

MoK

BFTBG

The War Blades are supposed to be a War Hunds legion successor, one of Cawls experiments that Gulliman told him to stop doing. The colour scheme is Cawls two fingers up at Guliiman.

I doubt Cawl is so stupid, he'd use so direct a reference to the World Eaters in front of someone who actually faced the World Eaters Primarch in battle. Maybe claim the Warblades are a White Scars successor, to justify the colors and reduce Lord Regent Guilliman's suspicions? Or reverse the colors and claim the blue armor honors the Ultramarines, whom the Warblades (are told they) are a descendant of, while the white pauldrons symbolize the purity of the Marines' purpose, which is to serve the Emperor and His Lord Regent?

• 3 weeks later...

The War Blades are supposed to be a War Hunds legion successor, one of Cawls experiments that Gulliman told him to stop doing. The colour scheme is Cawls two fingers up at Guliiman.

I doubt Cawl is so stupid, he'd use so direct a reference to the World Eaters in front of someone who actually faced the World Eaters Primarch in battle. Maybe claim the Warblades are a White Scars successor, to justify the colors and reduce Lord Regent Guilliman's suspicions? Or reverse the colors and claim the blue armor honors the Ultramarines, whom the Warblades (are told they) are a descendant of, while the white pauldrons symbolize the purity of the Marines' purpose, which is to serve the Emperor and His Lord Regent?

That is basically the story. The white is to honour Jaghatai Khan and the White Scars and the blue is to honour Guilliman. That's the official story anyway.