New DA combat patrol box.

solarisqc

Well, congratulations, Dark Angels, your combat patrol box actually makes a combat patrol, something that can't be said for Space Wolves, Blood Angels, or Death Guard. ~ $180 value before the upgrade sprues.

Not the worst box set, but not nearly as good a value as the Blood Angels combat patrol.

Kind of weird you guys didn't get a "New" unit in the vein of Hounds of Morkai or Death Company Intercessors. On the other hand, both units have been disappointing, so you're not missing out.

Edited by Squark

Well, congratulations, Dark Angels, your combat patrol box actually makes a combat patrol, something that can't be said for Space Wolves, Blood Angels, or Death Guard. ~ $180 value before the upgrade sprues.

Not the worst box set, but not nearly as good a value as the Blood Angels combat patrol.

Kind of weird you guys didn't get a "New" unit in the vein of Hounds of Morkai or Death Company Intercessors. On the other hand, both units have been disappointing, so you're not missing out.

Box set is good I think, it's reasonably thematic and contains things we'd want.

I don't think it was weird that we have no new unit, we've been expecting to not get one since the beginning. What is there to add? It looks like we're getting proper Ravenwing and Deathwing rules, which is much better than just some random unit.

I think they want to keep these boxes fairly generic. Space Wolves are an exception with their Lt, but the Blood Angels and Dark Angels sets are both good for any force that wants those models. You just wind up with the extra upgrade kits you might not want. Lazarus or the DA Lt would make it less appealing to players of another chapter.

(I wonder if they’ll do a plain “Space Marines” one in blue at some point with like a standard Lieutenant or Captain, and/or a Phobos one to replace the “Start Collecting” box.)

Only thing would be the new DW lt but we already have the DW termie box to make those. Maaaaybe a hounds of morkai style ‘upgraded’ bladeguard unit was an outside possibility? But the leaked points already told us that wasn’t happening... Surprised they went with generic chaplain rather than lazarus or lt (BA and SW got their special characters) but again it’s still on theme

Only SW got their LT, BA got the generic Libby.

Dark Angels do need some form of kit, as both the SW and BA "special" kits also have chapter Primaris transfer sheets included. Without a kit DA are lacking this.

Finally! So many new models next week! Oh, my wallet…

So, what type of Storm Speedof are you going to build? I am thinking of the melta one.

The melta seems the best of the bunch but I am a follower of the Church of Magnets; that being said the RW bonuses ( if they apply) could be a way of helping the SS be competitive.

I will leave it on the shelve

It is the poorest priced one of all SM patrol boxes

I miss only the Redemptor so i will better but it alone

Finally! So many new models next week! Oh, my wallet…

So, what type of Storm Speedof are you going to build? I am thinking of the melta one.

The LSV

StormSpeeder is subpar due to its 10 wounds

Our LSV is better than SS

I have to say, I am a bit disapointed.

Chaplains in particular are extremely abundant, and I think most of us already own at least a couple, through other box sets such as the Indomitus set. I would have expected the Zakariah model as the HQ of choice in this box. A character that actually has that DA design, which is also Primaris, and not that big of a name in the overall range of the army.

Also, I would have expected a Tri-Wing box here.

I really thought the box would be Zakariah, one squad of Bladeguard Veterans, one squad of Outriders, and a 10-man squad of Intercessors. 530 points, sure, but, not all Combat Patrol boxes have been made to fit the exact points of the Combat Patrol Format.

Now, what is in the box could be useful, and could be worth their discounted value as a bundle. But I am a bit sad that, in the end, all that seems to be needed to call a bunch of models "Dark Angels", is to have options for plasma. As in, yeah, we got inceptors, and inceptors can carry plasma, so... DARK ANGELS!!! Oh, and the Dreadnought? That one has plasma too, so... MORE DARK ANGELS!!!

I have to say, I am a bit disapointed.

Chaplains in particular are extremely abundant, and I think most of us already own at least a couple, through other box sets such as the Indomitus set. I would have expected the Zakariah model as the HQ of choice in this box. A character that actually has that DA design, which is also Primaris, and not that big of a name in the overall range of the army.

Also, I would have expected a Tri-Wing box here.

I really thought the box would be Zakariah, one squad of Bladeguard Veterans, one squad of Outriders, and a 10-man squad of Intercessors. 530 points, sure, but, not all Combat Patrol boxes have been made to fit the exact points of the Combat Patrol Format.

Now, what is in the box could be useful, and could be worth their discounted value as a bundle. But I am a bit sad that, in the end, all that seems to be needed to call a bunch of models "Dark Angels", is to have options for plasma. As in, yeah, we got inceptors, and inceptors can carry plasma, so... DARK ANGELS!!! Oh, and the Dreadnought? That one has plasma too, so... MORE DARK ANGELS!!!

I actually agree with Berzul here, this box was not what I was expecting. This is probably a more subtle way from GW saying: "Play Dark Angels, we need more people to buy them, we aren't getting our money back". If Deathwing Knights weren't enough to get the message across. That being said, there was zero reason not to include Zakariah, but at least they gave the Lieutenant the DA upgrade kit bits, so *shrug* Classic GW and their lack of vision. Also, there was also a missed opportunity to include the Indomitus Chaplain, as that, thematically is more DA themed than the regular one. But I realise people might disagree with the latter.

However, where I disagree, is that the Dreadnought was a bad choice - DA's (especially the Deathwing) seem to like their Dreadnoughts, so what better way to include one, with a potential way to give them Inner Circle (or the Rites of Initiation rule datamined a while back?). Plus it's got plasma, so win-win.

i think that if the others are anything to go by, dark angels will likely get a datasheet in it for a primaris interrogator chaplain

No model no rules sorry

And in the Monitorum Field Manual errata there was points for the Strikemaster but no mention of Primaris Int-Chap

Sad but true

The hobby magpie in me wants the storm speeder but no urgency there. Dex and possibly data cards will be what I'm getting before anything else 

I've said eslewhere - I like the DA combat patrol for the contents though I agree the value isnt as great as others. That said, it's the only combat patrol so far I would actually make use of all the contents of in some fashion, even the ones I have already i can repurpose or give to my son easily, so is much better for me in those terms.

i think that if the others are anything to go by, dark angels will likely get a datasheet in it for a primaris interrogator chaplain

No model no rules sorry

And in the Monitorum Field Manual errata there was points for the Strikemaster but no mention of Primaris Int-Chap

Sad but true

There's no model for a generic Chapter Master/Reclusiarch/Chief Librarian.Chapter Champion/Chapter Ancient/Chief Apothecary, yet you can still have those.

Stratagem/Rule upgrade like the Masters of the Chapter thing. Tadaa! Primaris Interrogator-Chaplain

Edited by Gederas

No model no rules sorry

Someone should tell GW that they can't release Hounds of Morkai or Death Company Intercessors because just adding a new alternative datasheet to an existing kit isn't allowed by Master Sheol.

Sad but true

I think it is risky to assume that the field manual will have all units for codexes that are not released at the time the field manual was published.  We already have an announced new sister unit that isn't in the manual.  And even before that, I suspect that we'll have some surprises in the Dark Eldar codex that weren't foretold in the field manual.