outflanking strat

greatcrusade08

Its from the Corerule Book Page 256

The TAble on the bottom left.

Sorry i don't know how to post a picture:sweat:

thank you
For Guard you also have the Tallarn strategem and in general there's a relic called the dagger of tuh'sak or something like that. Both are in our Codex. Edited by sairence

Think its worth outflanking some Deathriders?

possibly, you cant deploy in opponents deployment zone, but worth considering it, as it probably gets you near an objective that an opponent want to claim

You can. Death Riders have their own built in outflank and can come in from any table edge. They don't need to use any strats for it. I'm currently running them in my TTS lists.

2-3 full squads with a commander making up my frontline and some veteran squads and another commander in reserves. Their smaller foot print makes it easier to squeeze them in. One thing to keep in mind is that the regular squads will be disappointing as damage dealer. WS 4+ really hurts them. So you should see them more as tanks that can soak up unholy amounts of damage with their FNP and 3W perm model. The Vets are a bit better in terms of damage thanks to 2A base and WS 3+.

nice i didnt know that, ive not looked at death riders that much tbh, clearly they are superior to rough riders.

in terms of outflanking i was considering special weapons squads packed out with flamers, limits us to 18" threat range from the table edge, but nullifies WS 4+

Edited by greatcrusade08

I like special weapons to do something that lasguns dont - high volume of low strength low ap shots is not something guard army lacks normally. So plasma/melta my choice.

I like outflanking (reserves) - currently torn between spending CP to bring in regular guard - or higher points of scions.