DA Troops

PhilB

What are you guys taking for Troops in your lists from a Primaris perspective and why?

Is it just Intercessors sitting on objectives or do Infiltrators &/or Incursors have a place in DA lists?

Do you guys put your Intercessors into Impulsors or do they foot slog?

Anyone planning to replace their troop core with Heavy Intercessors for objective camping?

Thanks!

I don't tend to put Intercessors in an Impulsor as it is quite a pricey transport. I prefer to save the Impulsor for more effective units like Bladeguard.

My Intercessors tend to go on foot. I am definitely planning to add a squad of Heavy Intercessors when they come out but I don't think I will be replacing the regular Intercessors entirely.

I am not sure about Incursors but I quite like Infiltrators. The combination of Smoke and the Helix Adept make them just a bit more durable than you would expect from their stats. They also have a 12" Reserve denial bubble meaning that the enemy will struggle to ambush them. I squad of Infiltrators tucked away in some cover can hold an Objective all game and score you points and your enemy will have to divert more firepower or assault units to remove them than he would for a similar unit of Intercessors. They can plink away with their guns and fish for exploding 6s.

Troops are less important to us now that we have ways to make ObSec bikes and terminators, but they can still play a useful role. I'd echo Karhedron's comments about Infiltrators, and also add another benefit - the ability to spend 1CP to put them into reserves. Just adds another layer of flexibility, and allows you to redeploy the 12" deep strike denial where you need it.