Rescued from eBay - Storm Talon

Evening all, I've been around for a while, but post infrequently (usual dreary work, life etc etc). Anyway, having always preferred making models and painting them from scratch (because I am picky like that), I have recently decided to try and 'rescue' some examples from eBay and the like and see if I can give them a second lease of life. Here's a Stormtalon I picked up - I didn't actually think to take some before pictures, but I am pretty happy with how this one has turned out. I have always worried that I'd never get anything 'quite how I like it' when repainting models others had already built, but maybe I will have to re-visit that philosophy in future...

Stormtalon

Ha ha yes, you do largely get stuck with whatever the original builder did. It isn't so much of a problem for me, becuase whilst I tell myself that one day I will get back to actually playing rather than just collecting/painting, in all honesty there probably isn't much chance of that. So I generally aim to paint stuff that is legal/would make sense in a competitive environment, but it isn't really a deal breaker for me anymore.