State of the Union (Heresy)

I understand people getting pissed that some models are not inte rule set that has leaked. I'm thinking perhaps GW/FW removed many units from the leaked playtest rule set in order to have them released later in the upcoming years in order to stirr the meta-pot that the game might converge into. That way they can maximize sales since consumers/players will get excited for the "new" until release.

As ever - and I know that I say this every few posts on here - the shoddy communications from GW around Heresy has been a massive own goal and as the direct cause of so much of the cynicism & apprehension around the new edition I’ve seen online.

It’s also a really easy fix, which is doubly frustrating.

Looking through the list of kits allegedly shifting from resin to plastic that've been mentioned over the last year or so on here and via reliable sources on Discord, we're currently looking at the following sooner rather than later;

Legiones Astartes

• Legion Tactical Squad - Mark VI**
  • Legion Tactical Squad - Mark II***
  • Spartan Assault Tank**
  • Legion Sicaran Battle Tank*
  • Legion Kratos Battle Tank*
  • Contemptor-pattern Dreadnought**
  • Leviathan-pattern Dreadnought*
  • Deimos-pattern Rhino* (variants)
  • Castraferrum-pattern Dreadnought***
  • Caestus Assault Ram* (via FW staff)

Mechanicum

• dual Ursarax/Thallax kit***
  • Thanatar Siege-Automata***
  • Domitar/Arlatax Battle-Automata***

* soft-confirmed
** hard-confirmed (box content)
*** rumoured

I shall be very curious to see what actually comes out in the long run.

Edited by Joe

Looking through the list of kits allegedly shifting from resin to plastic that've been mentioned over the last year or so on here and via reliable sources on Discord, we're currently looking at the following sooner rather than later;

Legiones Astartes

• Legion Tactical Squad - Mark VI*
  • Legion Tactical Squad - Mark II
  • Spartan Assault Tank**
  • Deimos-pattern Rhino***

Mechanicum

• Domitar Battle-Automata***

* soft-confirmed

*** rumoured

Surely the MkVI is the 'heard[est]-confirmed' of them all :D

But it's probably a good idea to source those rumours - there seems to be an increasing amount of disinformation with regards to heresy appearing, and I'd argue the "Heta-Gladius" posts and list of releases on Natfka look to have been cheeky disinformation.

The rumours came from the same people who confirmed the sprue situation for Mark VI over on Discord and have seen a little bit of the other product releases - including shots of the Spartan and Mechanicum book. Can't really cite beyond that for reasonsâ„¢ I'm afraid.

They did mention that the Arlatax still has rules in the Mechanicum book, though, despite not having a model.

Im sure ive heard three different release schedules for second edition, its possible things shifted behind the scenes at some point but really, at least one of them is obviously lies.

Id expect a Deimos predator and possibly the land speeder in plastic too from the leaked loyalist book

Our group has been playing the leaked rules for a few weeks now and we've been enjoying the reactions. Like I wrote a week ago, if you want to stand around and drink beer during your turn then reactions are not for you, but if you like the idea of thinking and doing things during your opponent's turn its cool and good. Everyone enjoys something different so YMMV

Yet that is something I look for in a tournament-oriented game and not HH :smile.:
But it's also good behaviour to pay attention to your opponent, not walk away, engage and talk. This actually encourages better behaviour for a casual play, where you are otherwise more likely to not engage during your opponent's turn?

Nothing is more annoying than an opponent turning to you and going "Oh what am I rolling? For what? Woah, when did that happen?"

We've seen phase 1 (traitors) and phase 3 (loyalists) rules, nothing later than that. Supposedly there were 5 phases before they went to print.

Hopefully that means we'll get a good final product from GW/FW, eh? :P

Legiones Astartes

• Spartan Assault Tank**

Mechanicum

* soft-confirmed

*** rumoured

Plastic thallax is a bit more than just a rumor from what I know. But I cannot actually verify.

Our group has been playing the leaked rules for a few weeks now and we've been enjoying the reactions. Like I wrote a week ago, if you want to stand around and drink beer during your turn then reactions are not for you, but if you like the idea of thinking and doing things during your opponent's turn its cool and good. Everyone enjoys something different so YMMV

Yet that is something I look for in a tournament-oriented game and not HH :smile.:
But it's also good behaviour to pay attention to your opponent, not walk away, engage and talk. This actually encourages better behaviour for a casual play, where you are otherwise more likely to not engage during your opponent's turn?

Nothing is more annoying than an opponent turning to you and going "Oh what am I rolling? For what? Woah, when did that happen?"

We've seen phase 1 (traitors) and phase 3 (loyalists) rules, nothing later than that. Supposedly there were 5 phases before they went to print.

Hopefully that means we'll get a good final product from GW/FW, eh? :tongue.:

That's not what I meant, there is a wide spectrum of possibilities between wandering the room ignoring your opponent and follow any and every inch of the enemies' army.

I like playing with people, I like talking to people and I'd be stoned if I'd be able to follow a game of 2/3 hours pro-actively :) (at least to me)

Legiones Astartes

• Spartan Assault Tank**

Mechanicum

* soft-confirmed

*** rumoured

How much are the Mk II rumours just wishful thinking, I wonder?

Remember ages ago talking to someone about them & the potential difficulties of creating the kit in plastic in the same manner as the Mk III & Mk IV kits due to the moulding process and details on the legs. Would apparently be a complete hot mess of mould lines and make the kit a nightmare. Not sure how true that is, but the Mk VI kits appearing to be semi-monopose kits with legs and torso moulded together did get me thinking about whether Mk II could be done easier in that style. 

How much are the Mk II rumours just wishful thinking, I wonder?

Remember ages ago talking to someone about them & the potential difficulties of creating the kit in plastic in the same manner as the Mk III & Mk IV kits due to the moulding process and details on the legs. Would apparently be a complete hot mess of mould lines and make the kit a nightmare. Not sure how true that is, but the Mk VI kits appearing to be semi-monopose kits with legs and torso moulded together did get me thinking about whether Mk II could be done easier in that style. 

IDK, I keep hearing people talk about how impossible the moulding would be for Mk2 but then the backs of mk3 and Cataphractii are scalloped/ringed which to me seems like they could handle it well enough. The undercuts are fairly accurate too so I feel as though we've progressed beyond the normal limitations in some regards.

The rumours came from the same people who confirmed the sprue situation for Mark VI over on Discord and have seen a little bit of the other product releases - including shots of the Spartan and Mechanicum book. Can't really cite beyond that for reasonsâ„¢ I'm afraid.

They did mention that the Arlatax still has rules in the Mechanicum book, though, despite not having a model.

Fair comment, although i really scoured in the discord and didn't see any real confirmation, only mentions of "internal" contacts or the like. 

Exciting if the Arlatax is a dual kit with the Dom!

What do you mean by MK VI sprue situation?

What do you mean by MK VI sprue situation?

I think they mean the lack of heavy/special weapons on the sprue compared to other kits.

Legiones Astartes

• Spartan Assault Tank**
Mechanicum

* soft-confirmed

*** rumoured

No love for Mk5 "Heresy-patrern" armor I see.

Legiones Astartes

• Spartan Assault Tank**
Mechanicum

* soft-confirmed

*** rumoured

No love for Mk5 "Heresy-patrern" armor I see.

To be honest I'd rather would have had Mark 5 come out and then Mark 6, but I suspect Mark 6 was meant to play on hearstrings and use the springboard to get people on-board with 2nd edition. If it accomplishes that, I'm fine with Mark 5 coming out a bit latter, with all the benefits of extra (if any) technological advancements, because as we know - gw works on a 3/5 year from paper concept to physical box/model!