State of the Union (Heresy)

The plastic Spartan looks great and there is no complaints from me on this one. I'm looking forward to not having to deal with resin vehicles so often in the future.

Same smoke launcher design on the Spartan as on the Deimos Rhino mockup picture..

High possibility of a shared common accesories sprue

There is a accessories spure that has the copulas and pintle mounted weapons on it. It looks pretty universal.

Wonder why they felt the need to put the Aquila in the Spartan kit?

To give people the option of showing their allegiance on what may be their flagship vehicle? The article also says that there’s a Eye of Horus for traitors too.

Wonder why they felt the need to put the Aquila in the Spartan kit?

To give people the option of showing their allegiance on what may be their flagship vehicle? The article also says that there’s a Eye of Horus for traitors too.

He might be talking about the fact that it's the palatine itself, and not one of the knockoffs of general imperial allegiance.

It's interesting, but unless there's ever any clarification on the exact significance and definition of the Palatine Aquila, I would assume that the important part of the EC being able to wear it is that they're allowed to wear it on their chests, being their most prominent and forward-facing piece of armor.

So, it's probably fine to put on coins and on standards - and more generally after the war starts and the EC defect.

Edited by tinpact

If these kits are priced reasonably, I think we will see a lot of Spartans on the table, which is nice. The land raider look is just so iconic to me, it pulls at all the right nostalgia feels. And it's huge, which makes it even nicer.

To be fair, Spartans have always been a big feature in Heresy armies with 'Deathstar' builds - and why there have been many template options to stop them!

The model looks great - and it'd certainly be one I'd want to add to other forces :tu:.