State of the Union (Heresy)

Pretty boring but powerful

New Legion warcry?!? ;)

Pretty much what you would expect for the IVth. I don't like the beakies for my Iron Warriors (anything but "Iron Armour" is sacrilege) but I am really excited to use Heresy 2.0 to expand, starting with that Spartan.

And for me, the correct location for hazard-stripes is everywhere. Weathering does help with the wobbly illusion on big curved panels though.

The more I see Bekie armour the less I like it. Those flared pants are not my thing.

"Pretty much what you would expect for the IVth."

Well, I expected them to ignore shooting casualties which fits their narrative. *

Instead we get a buff against machines, which isn't very fitting but a good buff and at least versatile.

*when the leaks dropped that expectation was crushed already but you get my point I believe. I am not bitter though.

Guess now I have to build sime Vexillas for my units...

See, the hazard stripes have always put me off Iron Warriors. Think they look great, would love to try the scheme and quite like the legion rules/fluff, but I know that my brush skills aren't good enough to do a decent job with the detail of the stripes/chevrons.

They're honestly really easy. The base paints of yellows make coverage simple, and the chevrons are just...draw lines with matching angles; position and draw the brush across. If the angles are off, go back and tweak it. If you really need it, use a pencil like in the video, but just do each chevron one at a time so you can maintain the shape properly.

And bear in mind hazard stripes are optional flare, they arent generally included in the standard uniform, i often mix it in on Officers and NCOs to pick them out, looks good on crests for example where its trivially easy.

One good thing in this edition is actually making morale a bit more of a factor in the game, morale immunity, even conditional, just renders a whole mechanic pointless so its not great, and its always been a slippery slope to boot.

See, the hazard stripes have always put me off Iron Warriors. Think they look great, would love to try the scheme and quite like the legion rules/fluff, but I know that my brush skills aren't good enough to do a decent job with the detail of the stripes/chevrons.

Honestly, it's worth practicing I think. If the one thing keeping you from the IVth legion is the paint scheme, then it's worth learning.

All the more so since the chevron is the only thing you really need to know for Iron Warriors. The rest is just silver.

Edited by The Scorpion

Draw the lines with a .005 micron pen and it'd easier!

The more I see Bekie armour the less I like it. Those flared pants are not my thing.

Well, I expected them to ignore shooting casualties which fits their narrative. *

Instead we get a buff against machines, which isn't very fitting but a good buff and at least versatile.

*when the leaks dropped that expectation was crushed already but you get my point I believe. I am not bitter though.

In the leaks, Vexillas now give +1 to combat resolution, let you choose to fallback D6" or 2D6" for cavalry, and prevent your units from running off the board. No more rerolling morale checks. Edited by ShadowCore67

Hoping to grab mine through my FLGS. That'll save me a decent chunk of money so I will be.....ok. I've been saving but it will wipe out most of my hobby savings for many months. Silver lining is it will likely take me forever to get the whole thing finished.

In the leaks, Vexillas now give +1 to combat resolution, let you choose to fallback D6" or 2D6" for cavalry, and prevent your units from running off the board. No more rerolling morale checks.
Yeah no Vexillas for me then!

Weird colour placement and choice strikes again.

Scars have so much leeway with places where the red goes. And they chose the pack and the wrist straps? The gold feels like an afterthought and doesn't do anything for the scheme. The eyes are baffling.

Idk, I get that I'm particular on legions I painted, but this one is especially disappointing compared to the emperors children.

I've skimmed back a dozen or so pages and can't find anything on it, but has there been any word on the units/characters/missions in the Exemplary Battles releases being included in 2.0?

I've skimmed back a dozen or so pages and can't find anything on it, but has there been any word on the units/characters/missions in the Exemplary Battles releases being included in 2.0?

I can't remember where I saw it (facebook, I think) but GW said the exemplary battles rules were actually written for 2.0 and then backported. So there will be updated profiles for all the units in them for 2.0. No mention of when though, IIRC.

Edited by Arkhanist

I can't remember where I saw it (facebook, I think) but GW said the exemplary battles rules were actually written for 2.0 and then backported. So there will be updated profiles for all the units in them for 2.0. No mention of when though, IIRC.

It was on the exemplary battle page for the deliverers. It's also reinforced by the bit about Core and Expanded units in the Liber books; units without models will still have rules which will be as valid as rules for units with models.

Is that conjecture, or does someone have more info on it?

It does seem likely though, I'd expect Sons of Horus Green and some yellow primer to come into play for SoH/IF.

They're coming don't know release date, I think the hope is in time for the box release.

If there is paint line changeups, we should be seeing something in relatively short order.

I do wonder if they'll roll some of the old weathering pigments into the main GW line. That would certainly be interesting.

In the leaks, Vexillas now give +1 to combat resolution, let you choose to fallback D6" or 2D6" for cavalry, and prevent your units from running off the board. No more rerolling morale checks.

Yeah no Vexillas for me then!

For what it is worth, the few games of playtest 2.0 that were played, the d6 fallback/running off the board pulled its weight very often. And the +1 combat resolution helped against the various morale tests enough to actually matter. But this was ZM so YMMV.

Our HH group is definitely going to be stacking vexillas en-masse.