State of the Union (Heresy)

All transfers & legion dice removed from FW site - wonder if they'll be getting sold through the GW site after launch.

That would be my guess, that'd be a smart move.

They were pretty smart with the dice and released those in advance, so a good portion of the demand/first production run from the existing player base has already been met.

All transfers & legion dice removed from FW site - wonder if they'll be getting sold through the GW site after launch.

And I was just checking out the transfers last night. Here's hoping that it is just moving them. The FW ones are way above and beyond the versions GW usually sell.

I have a few of each legion that I'm working on stocked up, so not really impacted.

They're almost certainly moving them, or perhaps they'll rerelease them as GW ones. Although I liked the FW ones better, ones like the GW Space Wolves Transfers are pretty good too. If they come down to $20 in price, I wouldn't be so bothered by such a change.

Do we think we're going to see an article today? They did say "two weeks".

Much later than other articles so far and appreciate it's a weekend but some Community articles have gone up.

Edited by Hfran Morkai

Looks like they nerfed that WS warlord trait?

It's the same, unless I'm really missing something.

Honestly a pretty good trait though. Saves you 4" of movement on a turn you charge and applies globally. EDIT: Nvm, cavalry already ignores difficult terrain, so it lets you ignore the initiative penalty? If you somehow don't have frags/anti-grav?

Speaking of white scar things, here's something that's actually good: the stormseer. I really didn't look at it on my initial read through, as psykers were terrible, and then I forgot they exist.

So with my new understanding of the 2nd edition psyker rules, what does he do? Innate 4+ adamantium will, force weapon, and option to take hood for another 20+. He has access to divination, thaumaturgy, telekinesis and the unique scars discipline.

The weapon is a 72" heavy 1 barrage large blast with shock pulse. It's STR 4, but has force to boost it to 8; failing the psychic test still let's you shoot it at its lesser value. Schock pulse requires a pen, so it's a bit risky to aim it all for a vehicle, but tagging multiwound and their ride gets some value. Unfortunately relentless isnt conferred by bikes (it's baked into the various units datasheet), so you can't zoom and boom. But guess what? The psychic weapon is only a nice to have thing, not the main draw.

The power lets you, instead of moving, give all units within 6" fleet (2) until the start of your next turn. If you charge it with a psychic test, it becomes (4); if you fail the test it just resolves as the normal version. You give up your movement, but that means even your foot sloggers will end up with either a +3 or +5 to charge. Bikes will have +7. Jump pack units will have +7 when the interaction gets fixed with the scars trait.

The threat range on stuff is really quite high as a result (as you have excellent odds at going the full 12" for charging), and you can pull off some genuine feints with your intended targetting vs. deployment or even movement phase positioning.

There's still the problem of some of the scars melee being really not that great; power glaives are weaker than chainglaives and are far worse against 2 wound models, golden keshig have a super low amount of attacks, and, well, that's about it for high speed options outside the primarch. I guess command squads on bikes now that they can go to 9? Maybe terminators in transports, depending on the sequencing.

Still pretty strong imo.

Edited by SkimaskMohawk

Can tactical marines still take chainswords and all? Wondering what the combat blades for the Mk IV kit should be. Guess they could be bayonets that aren't affixed?

About to build a MK IV kit, so trying to figure that out.

Will give a skim through the pdf I guess before I start building.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Can tactical marines still take chainswords and all? Wondering what the combat blades for the Mk IV kit should be. Guess they could be bayonets that aren't affixed?

They can, but it's for 5 points a model, when a body is 10. It's a very expensive option; hopefully it'll drop in the final rules.

They can, but it's for 5 points a model, when a body is 10. It's a very expensive option; hopefully it'll drop in the final rules.

It's expensive but mostly worth it if you plan on having them enter combat. In the current edition, giving a tactical a chainsword is 2pts. Chainswords give shred in this new edition. Shred and +1 attack for 5pts sounds pretty fair to me lol

It's expensive but mostly worth it if you plan on having them enter combat. In the current edition, giving a tactical a chainsword is 2pts. Chainswords give shred in this new edition. Shred and +1 attack for 5pts sounds pretty fair to me lol

If you plan on combat, then it's better to just get despoilers at 10. Or assault marines at 14. Fury is good and all, and spite is largely useless right now, but getting 50% more dudes kind of makes up for that. If you're planning on running them into melee.

If you plan on combat, then it's better to just get despoilers at 10. Or assault marines at 14. Fury is good and all, and spite is largely useless right now, but getting 50% more dudes kind of makes up for that. If you're planning on running them into melee.

I don't disagree, but bottom line is chainswords are better this edition so their price should reflect that to some degree

I don't disagree, but bottom line is chainswords are better this edition so their price should reflect that to some degree

But they aren't.

Chainswords are 2 points per model for veterans.

Mortalis destroyers are 12 points each with chainsword, double pistol and rads.

Despoilers are 10 each.

It's clear theyre not pointing the chainsword off the chainswords new strength, and instead on the carrying units special rules and FOC position.

Ruminating on chainswords vs. chain/regular bayonet, I think it is going to really depend on getting melee bonus for your people.

Chain bayonet is usually just out right better for the points. But if you get some sort of bonus in melee for charging, you want to stack as many attacks as possible; the extra points multiply your regular bonuses and make chainswords more worthwhile. Otherwise, just stay with Chain bayonets as they're cheap and give you that extra "ooomph" in melee.

Edited by Spagunk

So Andy Hoare weighed in on the Palantine Aquila over on Instagram:

Btpyduo.jpg

So based on that, I'm going to say it's this:

ttG1SPT.png

While this is likely the Emperor's personal Aquila as the lighting bolts were the early symbol of the Imperium and I could see him pairing the two symbols to represent himself.

qpCT7b0.png

I was thinking the base colour was an odd choice until they added the snow!

Decent scheme, wish they'd add transfers at the end of these videos, a chapter symbol at least

So they kept the LA exactly as in the phase 3 leaks... ❤️

Assault Squads will be incredibly fast with wolves - 12"move, 4" run, 2w6+2 Charge!

And at least Leman gets WS9 on the charge... feared, that he would've lost it completely. =]

Edited by MichaelCarmine

One nit pick I have (and a small one at that) is that the shoulder pad split is quite visible in the majority of the shots I've seen. I understand the reasoning behind the split because of the extra detail they can get with the studs but it makes me twitch a little each time I see that seam! :D