State of the Union (Heresy)

Beyond Templar Assault providing an actual benefit to charging now, the IF rules shown are pretty much unchanged as far as I can tell.

I could have misinterpreted it the first time around but I was under the impression that The Best Defense has become one-use only - which isn't a huge deal, but it does mean that the Fists no longer possess an en-masse anti-deepstrike kill switch.

Beyond Templar Assault providing an actual benefit to charging now, the IF rules shown are pretty much unchanged as far as I can tell.

I could have misinterpreted it the first time around but I was under the impression that The Best Defense has become one-use only - which isn't a huge deal, but it does mean that the Fists no longer possess an en-masse anti-deepstrike kill switch.

All the Legion specific reactions are one use only.

I get, that it would otherwise be to powerfull in most cases, but still seems kind of dumb...

"You've trained to do this since you became Astartes, and even before that. But remember, it is prohibited to use this tactic more than once a day by the Emperor, beloved by all!

- ...but why?

- Shut your *cussing* mouth, that's why!"

Edited by MichaelCarmine

Jeeze...

Double edge highlight and lightning with bright points. If you can confidently paint this, you're far outside needing basic gw how to paint videos.

That being said, without trim or a really neon highlight, you can't really break up the armour without lightning, so I get that they're a bit stuck. Maybe cut a series of highlights and spend more time showing how to do the lightning?

I could also go off on the blue, but I think that's enough lol.

Yea, you did misinterpret unfortunately.

Every legion reaction we've actually seen the rules for has been once per battle. The earliest rumour/leaks were the only ones that failed to mention the once per battle part.

Its hard to strike a good balance; saying the legions special maneuver only gets used once, while every other one can be used multiple times doesn't make sense. But they've also made them very strong and spoilery, so you cant allow them to be used too much.

Imagine playing against scars, and every time you've moved your last unit after getting close, they just move away with all their units within 12".

I mean Night Lords (imo) are not super beginner friendly, it's easy to go too dark or too bright and lightnings can be troublesome (I'd rather do less lightning than in the video but work on them more). Scheme is not bad though, reminds me of my first NLs. 

Yeah, they should give us the ol' razzle dazzle and go with more advanced lightning, skull face, bloody tears, flayed skin, nostraman runes and tarot cards!

Beginner's Guide - How to Paint: Horus Heresy Night Lords (video length 7 hours, 48 minutes)

Edited by Lautrec the Embraced

Yea I totally agree that they're a tough legion to do.

If I was doing a beginner scheme I think it'd be

-kantor blue basecoat,

-same silver bits but include the cables,

-thinned basilicum grey the entire thing,

-edge drybrush alaitoc (or maybe even teclis)

-sponge rhinox/edge metal

-eyes the contrast method with a red.

Lightning I guess would be done before the drybrush; I personally prefer a very light grey and it to go sheets, but regardless of the colour and style, just spend some decent time on it. Maybe cutting a stage of highlights, the red cables, and a stage for the eyes would result in enough free time for a decent lightning overview.

What's the difference between kantor blue vs. night lords blue? They look identical in internet images.

Night lords blue is darker, to the point where it doesn't quite read as blue and has trouble picking up definition when pin washing. As a base colour that's going to be developed more, it's fine; as basically a standalone colour, I don't rate it very highly.

Edit: in other night lords news, they lost the proc off negatively modified characteristic units. Which is fair, because it was basically any unit within 12" lol.

Their unique chain weapons are still very strong, the legion trait is very strong, and the warlord trait is whatever compared to curze and sevatar.

Edited by SkimaskMohawk

And Blood Angels are next! From memory:

IX Blood Angels

X Iron Hands

XII World Eaters

XIII Ultramarines

XIV Death Guard

XV Thousand Sons

XVI Sons of Horus

XVII Word Bearers

XVIII Salamanders

XIX Raven Guard

XX Alpha Legion

I always mix up the order after Ultramarines, so please do let me know if I am off on any of them!

And Blood Angels are next! From memory:

IX Blood Angels

X Iron Hands

XII World Eaters

XIII Ultramarines

XIV Death Guard

XV Thousand Sons

XVI Sons of Horus

XVII Word Bearers

XVIII Salamanders

XIX Raven Guard

XX Alpha Legion

I always mix up the order after Ultramarines, so please do let me know if I am off on any of them!

As long as you don't jinx anybody with a mistakenly applied: "II" or "XI":wink:

So for all of you experienced players and people who have read the leked playtest.
If i was keen to strat painting some more minis now, and have the means to purchase some new toys.

What would you take that's anti "Spartan full of terminators"?

I was slowly painting up a Dark Angels force last year so I'm good on my standard bolter boys and I have a lovely Deredero Las/missile Dread

So for all of you experienced players and people who have read the leked playtest.

If i was keen to strat painting some more minis now, and have the means to purchase some new toys.

I was slowly painting up a Dark Angels force last year so I'm good on my standard bolter boys and I have a lovely Deredero Las/missile Dread

Haywire is a solid counter to the Spartan/deathstar. Grav rapiers and contemptors with melee weps and inbuilt grav will do the job. The playtest leaks include a number of new turrets for the predator, one of which was a grav cannon. Edited by Trixie

10 man lascannon squad or melta team in a rhino can kill most things