State of the Union (Heresy)

Yeah, it'd suck if Horus or whatever gave you three reactions and you stole the cheese right off of Sanguinius' sandwich shutting off any BA charge bonuses with the base reaction, three times a turn.

Tbh I highly doubt his reaction ability from the leak will remain - it was Phase 1 (allegedly) and so obviously breaks the game for anyone playing against a SoH army that they will have easily picked it up. 

Yeah, it'd suck if Horus or whatever gave you three reactions and you stole the cheese right off of Sanguinius' sandwich shutting off any BA charge bonuses with the base reaction, three times a turn.

Tbh I highly doubt his reaction ability from the leak will remain - it was Phase 1 (allegedly) and so obviously breaks the game for anyone playing against a SoH army that they will have easily picked it up. 

Ehhhhhh you say that.

But Ive heard from peeps that when this was brought up they got back "yeah well, its Horus so its fine" esp as a once-per-game ability.

Ehhhhhh you say that.

But Ive heard from peeps that when this was brought up they got back "yeah well, its Horus so its fine" esp as a once-per-game ability.

Hmmm. Was it always a once-per-game ability? 

Ehhhhhh you say that.

Hmmm. Was it always a once-per-game ability? 

Horus' ability is, once per game, he can allow every unit in his army to make 1 reaction, each, in every phase regardless of reaction allotment. But a unit can still only ever make 1 reaction per phase.

Anyone remember what the upgrade rumours actually were? Initially Fists, SOH, World Eaters and something else. Can't remember.

Glad they are doing the upgrades but wish they had invested the resources to get them all ready for launch.

The new kit is way better than spaghetti prints. Unless you know someone with a great printer suggesting 3D prints is just edgy internet cringe. Those heads are great.

Shapeways is 3d printing. Depends on the material of course, but their UV 'smoothest fine' acrylic is high quality.

You can buy a 2k resolution budget resin printer for £200 these days, or £300 for a 4k one. Spend a bit more, and you can get one with a build plate big enough to print a tank in one go. Low resolution extrusion-based printers (spaghetti prints...) are fine for terrain, but the 3d print space has developed a lot in the last couple of years for high quality models.

e.g. i printed the light grey parts for these guys on a 2k printer the other day for about 60p in resin all told (they hadn't yet had a rinse in water to get rid of sanding dust when this pic was taken)

Is it mainstream where everyone has a printer? Of course not. But access to a local quality 3d printing company, or buying your own keeps getting easier.

vOwWqKO.jpg

Edited by Arkhanist

Anyone remember what the upgrade rumours actually were? Initially Fists, SOH, World Eaters and something else. Can't remember.

Glad they are doing the upgrades but wish they had invested the resources to get them all ready for launch.

If those rumours were from naftka, you might as well throw them in the bin. Everything they reported has been proven untrue.

I think we'll see SoH upgrades and the Leviathan before box d-day, and that'll be about it.

Possibly.

Keeping an eye on what goes unavailable on the store page. Sabres appear no longer available.

Course, as happens with the GW storepage, sometimes things are just down accidentally or for repackaging it seems

Edited by spessmarine

If those rumours were from naftka, you might as well throw them in the bin. Everything they reported has been proven untrue.

Lol. No, I've been around long enough to know better - thought they came from other, far more reputable sources and discussed here. I had a couple of people in mind but am hesitant to name someone in case I am wrong. I would hate to damage someones name/reputation with my poor memory.

Lol. No, I've been around long enough to know better - thought they came from other, far more reputable sources and discussed here. I had a couple of people in mind but am hesitant to name someone in case I am wrong. I would hate to damage someones name/reputation with my poor memory.

Sadly, the first place I remember them cropping up was Faiet/Natfka - past that, people just kept mentioning "the rumours" and treating them as if they'd come from a "reputable source", ala the big Warhammer 40,000 leak last year, the slew of Heresy stuff we had this year and so on. Wasn't great imo.

Iron Hands are up. Edited by Captain Idaho
Off topic element removed

I believe the faeit rumours were SoH, IF, WE, BA, WS and EC. Also said they would be £9.50 iirc which would make sense for the size of the upgrade kits we saw yesterday. Even if it is pure luck that the rumours are kinda right here, it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s those legions too as theme seems to be siege of terra.

It’s weird though - all the faeit rumours have been right-ish but not 100% right.

Edited by JDizzle

Yea I don't understand the metallic body and black pads. It's not like you can argue the metallic is styluses black with the pads right there. Or after that drybrush of iron hands over it.

It's actually a nice, easy scheme, but just so not iron hands lol.

There’s obviously a change in how the legions are painted as not only has the painting moved from FW to GW and the paint options have changed over time. We’re seeing the Iron Hands as a very dark, oily metal rather than straight black, without using oil paints (like many IH schemes do) which resulted in a lighter tone. Personally, I would have used a mix of contrast medium and Black Templar contrast paint instead of Basilicanum Grey. I’m more curious about what they plan to do to differentiate the Raven Guard from the Dark Angels.

A white shoulderpad would be a good start for Raven Guard. They may also do Corvus black with a basilicanum grey or a nuln oil wash instead of Abaddon black.

It'd've been easier if they kept the red boltgun casing on the Dark Angels, though.

There’s obviously a change in how the legions are painted as not only has the painting moved from FW to GW and the paint options have changed over time. We’re seeing the Iron Hands as a very dark, oily metal rather than straight black, without using oil paints (like many IH schemes do) which resulted in a lighter tone. Personally, I would have used a mix of contrast medium and Black Templar contrast paint instead of Basilicanum Grey. I’m more curious about what they plan to do to differentiate the Raven Guard from the Dark Angels.

In the article they just put up, it looks to me like they did what you said with Black Templar contrast on the metal.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion