State of the Union (Heresy)

Hmm, so the entry for the Cataphractii is missing a lot of options, it’s limited to the options in the plastic kit. This makes me think the rule book contains a stripped down version of the unit entry, limiting it to the options in the plastic kit for ease. Also, notice that all the standard terminators are equipped with power gloves, whereas the leaked entry has power weapons. It still means the base cost of the unit likely increased, but the two entries are not directly comparable.

Cadmus

Hmm, so the entry for the Cataphractii is missing a lot of options, it’s limited to the options in the plastic kit. This makes me think the rule book contains a stripped down version of the unit entry, limiting it to the options in the plastic kit for ease. Also, notice that all the standard terminators are equipped with power gloves, whereas the leaked entry has power weapons. It still means the base cost of the unit likely increased, but the two entries are not directly comparable.

Cadmus

Ok so this is a rule book entry to get you started, not the Liber entry? Right. That makes sense given it’s what’s in the box. Panic over.

I have said this above when referring to the changes. However, the Liber unit would only be 215 points (175 + 4 power fists at 10 ppm) versus this 250. So hopefully Cata did go up in points too.

Cadmus

Wasn't a single lightning claw and combi-bolter an option in the old edition, or am I misremembering options?

Quick question as im away from the PC with the leaked books on it, have we heard anything about the misc superheavies? Zorpazorps shadowsword from his video is making me want one :D 

Well id like a Glaive but hooooooooly hell those went up in price just a wee bit.

Quick question as im away from the PC with the leaked books on it, have we heard anything about the misc superheavies? Zorpazorps shadowsword from his video is making me want one :biggrin.: 

Well id like a Glaive but hooooooooly hell those went up in price just a wee bit.

Just the mention on WHC about rules forthcoming for more "esoteric" options - and the phase 3 "expanded" and "core" rules descriptors which presumably those "esoteric" rules fit into.

Each of the major factions waging war in the Horus Heresy will feature in their own books. For the really esoteric things – including discontinued models – rules will be made available for free in the forthcoming Legacies of the Age of Darkness PDF. In any case, we want you to be able to join in all the fun with the new edition as soon as possible – no matter what you collect.
Edited by Petitioner's City

Maybe it's just me, but it see.s pretty obvious that the intent is obviously not to make a character and their entire unit immune to ID and the like.

I feel like it's a very strong rule anyway.

It’s not just you. Warhammer games have basically used this exact language around wounds/Wounds for decades and as we can see basically everyone gets the intent.

Yeah, there has been some discussion in the N&R thread. I forgot what has been said where.

I'm just super excited to see Ash doing the Heresy again - I love the channel but I'm not into most of the game systems he covers and I have really missed his heresy stuff.

Well I just realized Blood Angels tacticals should NEVER be allowed to charge if they have bayonets.

B7qEBIt.png

o75OIJM.png

So with +1S they're swinging at S5 which means they wound MEQ on a 3+ which stacks with their "wound at 1 better" trait to wound other MEQ on a 2+. Honestly I understand why they got a slight nerf.

I don't know if anyone has seen points costs for bayonets but they look to be pretty essential. 

Chainswords with Shred - is Shred re-roll wounds in 2.0? If so, EC Assault marines looking tasty!

1ppm for bayonets, 2ppm for chain bayonets in the leaks.

Guys, they have 1 attack base.

A charging BA tactical with chain bayonets averages...0.32 failed saves against power armour; a unit of 10 averages in 3.2 dead marines compared to a no CCW of 2.1.

Considering tacs usually get shot, or fight units getting the drop on them, idk if increasing the cost of the unit by 20% is worth it for that result.

Guys, they have 1 attack base.

A charging BA tactical with chain bayonets averages...0.32 failed saves against power armour; a unit of 10 averages in 3.2 dead marines compared to a no CCW of 2.1.

Considering tacs usually get shot, or fight units getting the drop on them, idk if increasing the cost of the unit by 20% is worth it for that result.

1 attack base, 2 attacks on the charge unless the charge is disordered. I'm not saying you want to go out of your way to use tacticals as combat units, I'm saying getting charged by BA tacticals can drown some things in save rolls.

I'd say that weapons that don't add an extra attack usually are not that appealing on a A-1 unit, especially shooty ones. But on the other hand, it's not too expensive in comparison to the chainsword while still retaining a relatively good increase in damage output. At least on the charge...

And I belive you can give bayonets to only some members? Idk, a couple chain bayos can be neat if you assume charging at some point of battle.

I can tell you Blood Angels are already pretty good in melee with the +1 to wound without the stupid bayonet rules :biggrin.:

EDIT

Stupid because it implies considerable numbers of marines deploy without something as basic as a bloody bayonet or combat knife which can be used as such.

Edited by Noserenda

Does the entire unit have to have bayonets or can you sprinkle some in?

(I never bothered to check)

"Any model with a bolter" so sprinkle away.

I can tell you Blood Angels are already pretty good in melee with the +1 to wound without the stupid bayonet rules :biggrin.:

True, but wounding in 2+ is better than wounding on a 3+.

Apparently the GMG review mentions/reveals that blasts now do partial hits like 4th 40k/7th fantasy.

Why that would be added on top of all the other nerfs to blast weapons, on top of the 5th edition scatter mechanic is a mystery to me. And something I hope was misread.

Apparently the GMG review mentions/reveals that blasts now do partial hits like 4th 40k/7th fantasy.

Why that would be added on top of all the other nerfs to blast weapons, on top of the 5th edition scatter mechanic is a mystery to me. And something I hope was misread.

49CGedc.png

Is that from the review or from the scrubbed v3 lol.

V3, but from the looks of the review the V3 core rules look to be accurate.

Also if you watch the GMG batrep he mentions partials count as hits which matches the V3 rules.

Edited by Fulkes

EDIT

Stupid because it implies considerable numbers of marines deploy without something as basic as a bloody bayonet or combat knife which can be used as such.

I kinda assume they all have combat knives, especially now that you auto get them as just a basic close combat weapon if you've got nothing else, and that's what the melee profile from the bolt pistol is (at least, I'll be modelling some of my dual bolt pistol despoilers with combat knives)